Vancouver at Montreal Wednesday 20th (R)

So it looks like I'm not making the drive up to Montreal. Does anyone want to get together and watch the match in downtown Toronto? Perhaps I can bring my laptop and hook it up at the Football Factory or could always come to my condo depending on the amount of people. Darn! Can't believe I'm not driving up.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by the biologist

^ Live webcast on the SRC site (http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/soccer/impact/) starting at 8 pm.

This may not be the proper place, but maybe you guys can direct me and or clarify the situation if i'm mistaken.

Does anyone know why this game isn't on regular Television tonight? You'd think that all the V-Cup games would be televised as its between all Canadian teams. Not sure if the ratings market is there yet to perhaps compete against other sports?

With all do respect to the French-language audience are the Caps fans gathering tonight at the pub in downtown Vancouver expected to listen/watch the online French-CBC version? Maybe there isn't enough of an English audience to warrant it?

Is it me or wouldn't it make sense that the customer (viewer) is able to choose which feed and language to watch it in especially for Canadian teams playing each other.

I wonder what would happen if the Canucks where playing at the Habs and CBC decided to broadcast only in French.

Anyhow, just wondering who negotiated these deals and the rationale behind it. The CSA? Cause perhaps they need to hear some viewer feedback. If the objective is to grow the sports ratings/market share i'm not sure this is a good strategy as you kind of exclude some of your audience before the match even begins.

Just my thougts...

Guess I should add, that I will be watching it in French tonight, but not all my friends are biligual or understand French. If I can get it on at a local downtown Toronto pub, i'll try that too, but I don't know if they'll want to play the sound or not.

Mr Scorpio, any comparison of the context of the Vancouver Montreal game to Canucks vs Habs is sheer lunacy.

quote:Originally posted by Raven

Short version answer: CBC had the rights to show the Voyageurs Cup....budjet cuts....scramble to get any games on TV. Sportsnet jumped in and was able to cover most of the games

Gotcha..makes sense cause I think the CBC layoffs commenced in April if I recall.

Just spoke to the owner at Football Factory (164 Bathurst St) and he says he'll be showing the game there tonight. So, for all those in Toronto, welcome to meet up there to watch it. I'll be there with some of my friends.

Guest speedmonk42

Game will be on TV Tonight at the Football Factory

Queen and Bathurst in the center of the Universe.

Archived