zidane and friends coming to vancouver,toronto,mon

snake

quote:Originally posted by Vic

Sorry you feel ripped off. How much did you pay? And if I was you I'd get in touch with the guy and state my case and ask for a refund... honestly. I've done it before and it usually works.

I'm honestly too embarrassed to say.

The thing is I'm from the same region of Italy that Gattuso is from(Calabria). I bought good seats for family members as well. It was going to be a birthday gift for my dad who is also a fan of Gattuso the player but more importantly the person.From reading his book my dad shares many of the same views on life that Gattuso does.I bought my dad the book and I was going to try to get it autographed for him.

I'm interested in knowing who I'd contact for a refund.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The players I spoke to have said that the level of play wasn't great but the night was still a good time. The ability to play on the same pitch as a legend like Zidane was a thrill.

I'm Happy for them.

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by VPjr

The players I spoke to have said that the level of play wasn't great but the night was still a good time. The ability to play on the same pitch as a legend like Zidane was a thrill.

I'm Happy for them.

Absolutely.

Nobody there went with the expectation of a great competitive match.

People had a good time, regardless of how it was all done on the back end.

I also want to note.....Zidane did NOT hit the post, the goalie tipped it there. World class save.

The promoter must be desperate, now they're offering 15% cash rebates for group ticket purchases for the Vancouver kickaround according to an email I received from BC Soccer who have been very supportive, hope BC Soccer doesn't get burned!

According to an earlier statement from Adlani as I recall he is paying $250,000 to rent BC Place.

Here is the team that ZZ and friends will play in Vancouver:

VANCOUVER ALL STARS (VMSL & FVSL) Omari Aldridge; Nico Berg; Brandon Bonifacio; Emilio Bottiglieri; Jeff Clarke; Tino Cucca; Paul Dailly; Steve DeBlasio; Marco Durante; Tony Giata; Rizal Ganief; Jay Gangnes; Michael Gomes; Darko Jelic; Joseph Marrello; Leo Nash; Mike Perry; Jonathan Poli; Milad Rahmati; Tyler Rosenlund; Didar Sandhu

quote:Originally posted by Richard

Far more important to the ticket buying public is not who the local players will be, many of whom can be seen most weeks for free, but who the Zidane 'friends' will be. Does anybody have a list?

It is Zidane and 10 friends he never met before!

If anyone is interested in some contact details for the dirtbags behind this scam, I shall direct you to a little something I've posted on the Southsiders board:

http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3221&PN=1

I'd post it here, but that'll rub the mods the wrong way.

But check out this response a guy in Toronto got from the organizers:

quote:

"We are sincerely sorry that you felt so strongly disappointed about your experience last evening. As you are aware the main focus of these event was Mr. Zidane. His attendance at the game was clearly the purpose of the majority of those in attendance. In view of the massive response to the presence of Mr. Zidane we must state our completely differing of opinions on this matter.

In addition, the presence of Mr. Palermo, clearly a world class

international must be considered a clear value above that which would

have been expected.

While we do not share your views of illegality and other suggestions of the kind we none the less will review your concerns.

Again we thank you

C/o

Staffing at the Zidane Canadian Tour"

WANKERS!

quote:Is Zidane on Facebook? 'Cause that could explain who these "friends" are

He must be, because he had 15,000 friends in the stands yesterday who had a great time. Perfect weather, good downtown venue, great fun and an overflowing amount of beautiful spirit and appreciation for the game and the man from everyone. Those French fans are FIRST CLASS.

I was at the game yesterday afternoon. Having followed the discussion on this thread, I would say that if you bought your ticket inexpensively to see Zidane kick a ball around (as I did), then it was a nice afternoon in good weather. If you paid a lot of money to see an all-star game, then you would be definitely disappointed. I'll let others decide whether the marketing/promotion of the event was honest or not.

I hope the result of this is a large donation to Unicef; and I think it was fantastic that Zidane was able to visit briefly with the local community in Montréal-Nord, and that the match provided an opportunity for people to see him in person. From the point of view of a charity/public service event it was great. But any notion of this being a serious match, or an 'all-star' spectacle was way off.

Here's my take on the game. I found it a complete rip off. Pure false advertising. I posted my feelings on the link below.

http://www.lazioforever.com/general-football-talk/zidane-and-friends-a-rip-off!/

I strongly urge people to not buy tickets for the next available dates. I paid to see ALL the names that were coming (eto, baresi, prso, costacurta etc). This is such a scam .. why don't they update their website for the players that will be taking part ?

quote:Originally posted by dannyd

Here's my take on the game. I found it a complete rip off. Pure false advertising. I posted my feelings on the link below.

http://www.lazioforever.com/general-football-talk/zidane-and-friends-a-rip-off!/

I strongly urge people to not buy tickets for the next available dates. I paid to see ALL the names that were coming (eto, baresi, prso, costacurta etc). This is such a scam .. why don't they update their website for the players that will be taking part ?

This is as much a response to the post above as it is to everybody else in this thread. I have no idea who this Adlani character is and couldn't care less if indeed he has a shady past. I will be going to the game in Vancouver to watch the following players: Zidane, Uccello, Clarke, Rosenlund and Bonifacio as well as a few others. I will pay $25-30 and will not be disappointed. If you paid more to see all of the 'names' that were listed...I'm sorry, but you are a fool. Claim false advertising if you want, but none of the other 'friends' were ever guaranteed to show up.

I have a hard time getting mad at Adlani when he is obviously going to lose thousands of dollars.

Archived