TV Coverage

On Fox Soccer Channel site they have this:

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/6396732

Quarterfinal 1st Leg

Wed. Feb. 25 Montreal (CAN) Santos Laguna (MEX) 8:00 p.m.

Quarterfinal 2nd Leg

Thu. Mar. 5 Santos Laguna (MEX) Montreal (CAN) 10:00 p.m.

I haven't found anything about if Fox Sports World Canada will have it. I hope so. If anyone finds anything please post it.

quote:Originally posted by tmcmurph

On Fox Soccer Channel site they have this:

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/6396732

Quarterfinal 1st Leg

Wed. Feb. 25 Montreal (CAN) Santos Laguna (MEX) 8:00 p.m.

Quarterfinal 2nd Leg

Thu. Mar. 5 Santos Laguna (MEX) Montreal (CAN) 10:00 p.m.

I haven't found anything about if Fox Sports World Canada will have it. I hope so. If anyone finds anything please post it.

Fox Soccer Channel played all of the CCL games last year. Fox Sports World Canada played none. So, I wouldn’t expect that to change. CBC Bold (or whatever they are calling it this week) is the likely place for it. I'll call the Ceeb and see if they have made plans yet for the game.

Hi Richard, great to see you back.

I'm late to the party (and still at the office), but the English CBC link is working for me. Also tried justintv, and on the half-time replay of the goal, slow-mo from behind the net, it looked more like an own goal, with the defender hacking the ball goalwards just before Sebrango got to it. Like to see it again.

Edit: oops. Posted this to the wrong thread

Man, the TV coverage was dreadful!! CBC should be ashamed. There was barely any in stadium pregame, they showed the Montreal line up for 2 seconds, missed the kickoff, showed a stupid replay that cut off the lead up to the goal, had crappy audio, plus Nigel and Jason are boring. Anything else? For great sakes!! How many goals does CBC have to miss before they understand that you don't show replays (especially useless ones) in the middle of play. Everybody remember the final of the WYC in 2007.

I guarentee you that if TFC had a playoff game the production would have been 100 times better.

quote:Originally posted by masster

Man, the TV coverage was dreadful!!

I'll second that. My eyes are practically bleeding from staying up 'til 2am to watch the replay on the regular CBC - which may affect my perception - but that director was a disaster at times.

Has anyone out there picked up a dead-trees edition of a Canadian newpaper yet this morning? 'Cause quite frankly this absolutely has to be THE lead story, with a picture of Sebrango et al celebrating in the corner after the second goal, on the front page of every single sports section in this country. And the lead story on every single mainstream sports broadcast.

Let's be clear: a GREY CUP SIZED CROWD just watched a Canadian team beat a Mexican team in a meaningful competitive match IN FRICKEN' FEBRUARY. That's not just a soccer game it's an outright cultural moment that every other Canadian sports fan, not just the diehard soccer fans, needs to know about. Yet I'm sure it'll be bumped to behind expanded analysis of meaningless mid-season hockey game #1142. If true, I'd like to state for the record that

I am officially joining john tv's "Vast Media Conspiracy to Hold Back the Growth of Soccer as a Spectator Sport" sub-committee and am willing to start harassing every sports editor in the country, possibly at their home(!), with others interested.

Hopefully I'm over-reacting.

^As of 9 AM EST it's the most viewed article on The Globe & Mail website's sports page.

CBC is of course giving it top billing and JDV has a complaint or two in his blog about the coverage as well.

Didn't see one word mentioned about it on Fox Soccer Report though they did have Houston's match highlights from Tuesday.

Archived