TV Coverage

quote:Originally posted by red card

didn't see anything on sportsnet connected last night - nothing on their home page today. Nothing on TSN's home page - only UEFA Champions League has a blurb.

55k sporting event occurred in Canada last night and the Cdn media is oblivious

The FIFA contracts ruling is the only soccer headline on TSN's main page. Their story on the Impact is mainly a condescending smirk at Grande's (admittedly cringe-worthy) "this is a soccer nation not a hockey nation" comment.

I watched the French CBC coverage for the whole game, and I really enjoyed it. It helps that the colour guy knew the Impact inside and out. And the play-by-play man brought back memories from switching away from HNIC because I was tired of watching the Leafs and checking out the Habs game on SRC.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

^As of 9 AM EST it's the most viewed article on The Globe & Mail website's sports page.

CBC is of course giving it top billing and JDV has a complaint or two in his blog about the coverage as well.

Didn't see one word mentioned about it on Fox Soccer Report though they did have Houston's match highlights from Tuesday.

That will come tonight. They are always a day behind on the "late" games.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Huge paper coverage in Montreal. 2-3 pages per paper, front-page pictures of the Ultras, Sebrango, etc.

Literally nothing in the Winnipeg paper. People here, I guess, are more concerned with our two women's curling teams crashing out of the Scott Tournament of Hearts.

Archived