Montreal tix sales: 35,000

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by morbital

i heard they were charging $6 for kids...

And i heard they had a 50$ ticket section which sold out, a 35 $ section which also sold out, a 30$ section which also sold out and they sold a whole lot of tickets for 20$ and 10 $ also [:P]....

Good job Impact...good job Impact fans...good job montrealers in general for buying tickets, cheap or not.

I bought a pair but can't go due to business commitments so one of my good friends in Montreal who has not gone to a soccer game since the NASL days is going to take my tickets

Good job Impact...good job Impact fans...good job montrealers in general for buying tickets, cheap or not.

I bought a pair but can't go due to business commitments so one of my good friends in Montreal who has not gone to a soccer game since the NASL days is going to take my tickets

quote:Originally posted by Calgary Boomer

Wow...a HOSTILE environment in Canada? I wonder how many of those 38,000 are Mexican?

Mexicans are not one of the big ethnic communities in Montreal, and not too many are likely to have traveled from New England and elsewhere to see a less popular club from a small city IMO. There were a couple thousand tops at Atlante and I'd say they were probably it as far as local Mexicans who would go to an Impact game. Even for a more popular team like that they were relatively quiet and uninvolved.

quote:Originally posted by Keano

Mexicans are not one of the big ethnic communities in Montreal, and not too many are likely to have traveled from New England and elsewhere to see a less popular club from a small city IMO. There were a couple thousand tops at Atlante and I'd say they were probably it as far as local Mexicans who would go to an Impact game. Even for a more popular team like that they were relatively quiet and uninvolved.

Atlante a popular team? I'd say Santos is more popular as Atlante even had to relocate and the match vs. Montreal in Cancun was empty

quote:Originally posted by Olgier

just hit 42 000 ticket sales. Look like its a CONCACAF record.

When Mexican clubs like America, Guadalajara or UNAM got to the final, their stadiums were full and they hold more than 60,000 seats.

Even though 42,000 sold tickets for an official match in Montreal is a success. I think it is a tribute to the job the team had to get done to be in this position.

Good luck to the Impact.

yeah im with u, SRC is f'n lame but they actually show some impact games so i guess thats why u dont see many people on here bashing them but i hate them with a passion, their commentators are idiots. SRC said they cant switch their lineup which is done ahead of time to accomodate soccer (because its so damn amazing). I dunno what CBC's excuse is, if it were TFC ill bet my house itd be on live nationally

Archived