How many tickets sold for the Big O???

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Impact hoping for 30k.

Local paper Le Journal Débile is saying they've sold a bit more than 27k the first day, and that the only seats left are in the upper deck (sorry couldn't find the link).

Holy crap! If that is so, then I'd say there is no way the game does not sell out.

Good stuff, if true.

(See? I don't hate all things Impact-related. Just don't expect me to be cheering for them any time soon. :D)

According to MTLrumours, the only blog Luis will be confident in, they are about to exoand the Olympic Stadium to 120.000 seats, as everything is already sold out.

Works are about to begin this week, and will be finished on February 24 at 11:12 pm. The stadium will have a pyramidal form, so no roof problems anymore.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Quebec City newspaper "Le fou à lier" is now announcing the Impact front office has made a 360 and the game will now be played closed door due to safety issues.

And now you know.

In that case, why not play at the Catelonia sports complex in Lachine. For those who dont know, this is an indoor soccer facility under a bubble.

edit.: sorry. I missed the joke! I am a little slow today I guess.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

I got an email from the Montreal Impact titled: " L'impact Vous Attend!". The Impact is waiting for you!. They're promoting this game actively. I guess that anyone who bought tickets through Admissions for that WCQ, is on their mailing list.

I got that email as well, and promptly sent a reply back complaining. Yes, Santos Laguna is a Mexican club, but it's a CLUB. The way the add is made out, it's like the Impact are playing against the Mexican National team. :(

One day they will have to realize that they have fans who are very knowledgeable about the game and who can see through this stuff. And for those who aren't so knowledgeable, why not try educating them as opposed to feeding them false information???

image001.jpg

quote:Originally posted by MegasAlexandros

I got the email from an Impact employee as well and I presume it is the Impact who put it together. But it's not hard for the Impact to simply ask Admission for the list of emails from all those who purchased Impact tickets during the course of the season.

I got an e-mail. The only way they would hav my addy is through Admission, who would have it from the SVG game.

quote:Originally posted by MegasAlexandros

I got that email as well, and promptly sent a reply back complaining. Yes, Santos Laguna is a Mexican club, but it's a CLUB. The way the add is made out, it's like the Impact are playing against the Mexican National team. :(

One day they will have to realize that they have fans who are very knowledgeable about the game and who can see through this stuff. And for those who aren't so knowledgeable, why not try educating them as opposed to feeding them false information???

Well the Impact arent trying to attract their "die hards" here(no offence to anyone). They're trying to garner the attention of regular footy fans, and boosting the image of the club to the rest of the city. And if doing so meens putting a big Mexican flag to attract the latinos (yes, latinos) then so be it.

Guest Jeffery S.

Since the MLS entrance fee would have to be considered an investment and investments need years to become viable, how much would the gate of just this game do towards getting some of that money Saputo did not want to spend back?

Something like 2%? If there are tv rights, like for Mexico as well, maybe more? 4-5 games over a decade just in matches that are not even MLS?

Too bad Saputo did the numbers with so little faith in his team's results and his fans response capacity.

I doubt they're going to make $800,000 with that game.

They said that if the money is good enough, we might purchase an extra player.

Seeing how they've mentioned at the end of the season how they've spent more money than expected in 2008 and looking at them trim the roster since the end of the season, I wouldn't be surprised if they ujust kept that Big O money.

But you have a point. We're showing yet again that Montreal IS a soccer market. Maybe even more so than we thought originally. Could it change the numbers that went into the MLS bid planning? Maybe.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Holy crap! If that is so, then I'd say there is no way the game does not sell out.

Good stuff, if true.

(See? I don't hate all things Impact-related. Just don't expect me to be cheering for them any time soon. :D)

I picked up my 111 row A's midday on the 14th and now here on the 15th the adjacent seats are available , so I'm a little leery of the 27K claim . Regardless , I'm looking forward to this trip and hope to see a few Usector-RPB's making the trip too .

Archived