How many tickets sold for the Big O???

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

What are the chances of reaching 35k by the end of next week...Is it wishful thinking????

Daniel, I too am curious: what does the mainstream French language press have to say about that these days?

What are the chances of 40K (though it would be amazing)??? If you take under consideration those expected to walk to the ticket gates at the stadium during the day of the game.

I'll save you the trouble of making your next few posts:

Hey guys what are the chances of 42500?

Hey guys what are the chances of 45000?

Hey guys what are the chances of 47523?

Hey guys what are the chances of 50022?

Hey guys what are the chances of a sellout?

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

I'll save you the trouble of making your next few posts:

Hey guys what are the chances of 42500?

Hey guys what are the chances of 45000?

Hey guys what are the chances of 47523?

Hey guys what are the chances of 50022?

Hey guys what are the chances of a sellout?

This made me laugh. :D

quote:Originally posted by mtl-supporter23

haha got a good chuckle out of that as well.

As it was mentioned before just call the Impact if you're that desperate to find out. Just keep your pants on, the crowd will be between 25-35k

(now don't crucify me if it 35, 001)

I expect something around 37k similar to what the Alouettes had in there 1st 2008 playoff game..

Guest Jeffery S.

I think the number suggest one thing: Mexicans. Canadians normally do not buy so early or so enthusiastically. The enthusiasm is Mexican. Now someone please tell me I am wrong.

It doesn't say much for the Voyageurs that this has been the funniest thread for the last month.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

I think the number suggest one thing: Mexicans. Canadians normally do not buy so early or so enthusiastically. The enthusiasm is Mexican. Now someone please tell me I am wrong.

It doesn't say much for the Voyageurs that this has been the funniest thread for the last month.

The buzz is that cheap tickets for schoolchildren has a lot to do with it. But it's a night game on a weekday, so I assume parents are coming too.

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

The buzz is that cheap tickets for schoolchildren has a lot to do with it. But it's a night game on a weekday, so I assume parents are coming too.

Yes there will be a lot of schoolchildren but there is also a lot of buzz for this game and more advertising than I have ever seen for an Impact game. It is constantly being mentioned on sports shows on tv and radio. I have friends and acquaintances who have never or rarely attended an Impact game who have bought tickets for this one without me even mentioning it. As far as the number of Mexicans, Santos Laguna is strongly supported in the small city of Torreon where they play but outside of Torreon probably has even less support than Atlante. I would expect the same 4 to 5 thousand Mexicans who came out for Atlante to come out for this game. There might be a few more because of the higher prominence and marketing of the game but I don't think we will see many Santos Laguna shirts or many travelling fans like we would if we were playing Cruz Azul or PUMAS. I expect a strong pro-Montreal crowd with a large number of kids but also a large number of adults in attendance.

Guys based on Jonovision's calculation theory (that's if everything is correct), the Impact will have over 40k spectators at the game. Jono, I hope your calculation theory is correct.

Jono has proven over the years that he's very poor with calculation theories, don't waste your hope with this guy Luis!

quote:The buzz is that cheap tickets for schoolchildren has a lot to do with it. But it's a night game on a weekday, so I assume parents are coming too.

I wouldn't bank too much on the parents, but I'm pretty sure those schoolchildren will be out in full force for this one. :D

Just ribbin' ya!

quote:Originally posted by Kurosawa

http://www.ruefrontenac.com/sports/38-soccer/300-soccer

quote:«On sent qu'on a notre place bien à nous dans le coeur des Montréalais!» Richard Legendre, premier vice-président de l'Impact et du stade Saputo, se dit très content du soutien populaire pour le match le plus important de l'histoire de l'équipe montréalaise.

«C'est impressionnant, dit-il. On est rendu à 25 000 billets après trois semaines de vente et il nous reste encore autant de temps avant le match (Ligue des Champions de la CONCACAF). Comme le rythme des ventes semble se maintenir, on révise notre objectif de 30 000 spectateurs à la hausse.»

My rough translation:

"One feels that we have our place in Montrealers' hearts!" said Richard Legendre, Senior Vice-President of the Impact and of Stade Saputo, saying that ge is very happy with the popular support for the most important match in the history of the Montreal team.

"It's impressive," he said. We have sold 25,000 tickets after 3 weeks and we have lots of time before the match (CONCACAF Champions League). Given that the rate of sales is continuing to be maintained, we will need to revise upward our goal of 30,000 spectators."

I wonder how many of the spectators will be Mexican supporters?

quote:Originally posted by Oldtimer

I wonder how many of the spectators will be Mexican supporters?

Who cares? Seriously if you can sell 30,000 tickets to a soccer game in Montreal you have a success on your hands. Think about the publicity that you won't have to pay for! Think about branding recognition the Impact will get outside of Quebec.

Most of all think about what will happen when Montreal makes it to the Club World Cup!! MLS may be paying you to join ;)

Archived