How many tickets sold for the Big O???

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Jono has proven over the years that he's very poor with calculation theories, don't waste your hope with this guy Luis!

I'm not sure which "calculation theories" I've been known for in the past, but this particular one was mostly tongue-in-cheek. Though I have made a prediction for this particular game of attendance in the high 30,000s, and I feel like I will be close. Going by my "theory", the attendance should be in the range of 45-50,000, which I feel is pretty unlikely.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by jonovision

Going by my "theory", the attendance should be in the range of 45-50,000, which I feel is pretty unlikely.

45 000? It does sound silly, I agree.

But what if I told you that the Impact has just announced they've sold 35K?

http://www.impactmontreal.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&Flash=1&ArticleID=1057

So... I never thought I'd say this but... Why not 50K?!? [:0]

quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

45 000? It does sound silly, I agree.

But what if I told you that the Impact has just announced they've sold 35K?

http://www.impactmontreal.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&Flash=1&ArticleID=1057

So... I never thought I'd say this but... Why not 50K?!? [:0]

I was shock to see that number. 35K is fken amazing! I cant believe it

Guest Jeffery S.

Those numbers are just sick, it is absolutely incredible if it is true and all those kids actually come out to see the game.

If they can put close to 50,000 in the Big O in February to see the Impact, that deserves a shout out from Peter Mansbridge. Great stuff from the Montreal fans!!!

Its exciting to see the numbers here but lets not get ahead of ourselves. In the game vs Honduras we had our "supporters section" in 114 sold out but with numerous Hondurans in it. So whats not saying out of the 750 in the kop, 300 aren't latinos ??

Don't get me wrong I hope I hope we do well and get over 800 chanting fans in the kop, I just don't wana get ahead of myself here...

quote:Originally posted by mtl-supporter23

Its exciting to see the numbers here but lets not get ahead of ourselves. In the game vs Honduras we had our "supporters section" in 114 sold out but with numerous Hondurans in it. So whats not saying out of the 750 in the kop, 300 aren't latinos ??

Don't get me wrong I hope I hope we do well and get over 800 chanting fans in the kop, I just don't wana get ahead of myself here...

That was the Canada game against Honduras in which thousands of Hondurans came from Honduras and various American cities to watch the game. Against Olimpia and Atlante there was very little or no travelling support. Olimpia only had a small number of fans. Atlante had 4 to 5 thousand Mexicans who live in Montreal and weren't Atlante fans but decided to come out to support a Mexican team. Santos Laguna is support wise an even smaller club than Atlante. I don't expect their support will be much different in size than Atlante's was. Plus they have their own section and there is a warning that our section is a supporter sections and Mexicans know enough about soccer to know not to buy tickets in the support section of the other group.

Archived