How many tickets sold for the Big O???

quote:Originally posted by roue

I picked up my 111 row A's midday on the 14th and now here on the 15th the adjacent seats are available , so I'm a little leery of the 27K claim . Regardless , I'm looking forward to this trip and hope to see a few Usector-RPB's making the trip too .

LOL.

My response was in jest as Daniel's post was clearly a piss take on Luis (Le Journal Débile? C'mon [:P]).

Apparently they've legitimately sold 10,000 tickets to the match, though (as stated elsewhere in the thread).

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Rudi

LOL.

My response was in jest as Daniel's post was clearly a piss take on Luis (Le Journal Débile? C'mon [:P]).

Apparently they've legitimately sold 10,000 tickets to the match, though (as stated elsewhere in the thread).

lol , anyway , I'd be happy with 5,000 soccer fans , @ 12 seats per person , we'll see how the scalpers do . [:0]

MONTREAL – The Montreal Impact announced Wednesday that more than 10,000 tickets have already been sold for the CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinal game, that will take place on February 25 at Olympic Stadium, since sales started yesterday at 9 am.

http://www.montrealimpact.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&ArticleID=1046&Focus=0

Looks good. On to the Club World Cup!! [8D]

I unfortunately have to work during February. The whole month. And can't make it to the Big Owe, so I will have to watch it online.

On the plus side, I have most of March on vacation, so will be available to travel for the semi-final first leg. Once we win the quarters!!!

Hey, I bleed blue and white, just like everyone else...

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by Keano

My 12 year old brother in law brought a note from school home advertising 6 dollar tickets for all EMSB students. That should bring in a chunk of kids. He says a lot of kids know about it.

Your sister married a 12 year old?

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Keano

Indeed. [8D]

So let me get this straight, his wife's younger brother, or older brother? Just to be clear on things.

quote:Originally posted by SteveBeau

?? I don't see how this could possibly help Ottawa....

Melnyk is goiing to the City Council to do a deal for a soccer specific stadium, he needs/wants infrastructure money from the feds, province and city .. to show 30k fans out in Febuary to game in Montreal shows the sport can draw fans .... its an indicator of the sports popularity.

The CFL guys are trying to float a team with 110 million gift from the city in a shell game to do downtown property development, they are using the idea of CFL being big time.. whereas MLS can be argued to be a "better" league offering more up value then a CFL franchise can.

Thats how it helps Ottawa... showing Canada has good response to soccer.

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

Melnyk is goiing to the City Council to do a deal for a soccer specific stadium, he needs/wants infrastructure money from the feds, province and city .. to show 30k fans out in Febuary to game in Montreal shows the sport can draw fans .... its an indicator of the sports popularity.

The CFL guys are trying to float a team with 110 million gift from the city in a shell game to do downtown property development, they are using the idea of CFL being big time.. whereas MLS can be argued to be a "better" league offering more up value then a CFL franchise can.

Thats how it helps Ottawa... showing Canada has good response to soccer.

Its an indicator of the sports popularity in Montreal not Ottawa, the demographics in the 2 cities are quite different...But anyways, thats just my own humble opinion.

quote:Originally posted by MegasAlexandros

I'm very sorry, but the Impact drawing 30,000 fans for their CCL QF doesn't mean anything for Ottawa... it's an indicator of popularity... in MONTREAL. The Montreal and Ottawa markets are very different, both in size and composition. You can't use what goes on here and extrapolate that it would be the same in Ottawa.

True. However, everybody went "look at what is happening in Toronto" not so long ago to validate the candidacy of both Montreal and Vancouver for MLS...

quote:Originally posted by leafdolfan

I just phoned to buy tickets and they are up to 22,000 today, so that's almost a 1,000 a day :o

As I mentioned they're giving them to the schools boards for 6$ so there will be thousands and thousands of semi-interested kids there....... but hey, they'll be high up and they're mostly not Mexicans! [8D] And who knows maybe some of them will get hooked on the game, god knows more of them play it now than even hockey.

Archived