How many tickets sold for the Big O???

quote:Originally posted by Philippe

48,000 as of monday, according to Radio-Canada. Looks like my prediction of between 48,00 and 50,000 will be correct.

Let's see, Montrealers often buy their ticket at the last minute...

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am looking forward to seeing whatever number of fans there will be at the game tomorrow. I suspect the advice if you are going would be to get to the Big O early...better not be a huge lineup at Schwartz's when I arrive.

It'll be interesting to see if the Impact will get a lift from this. In fact, if they don't, they should get a new profession.

quote:Originally posted by Philippe

49,000 according to CKAC sports as of tuesday.

Wow, this is unbelievable. I am sorry but if the MLS doesn't take Montreal, at least with some sort of shared revenues, the league is not worthy of them. It is likely with the walk-ups that theyll hit somewhere around 53k and that is impressive, not just for soccer in Canada but any sport. The only sporting events in the country which get those numbers are Blue Jays home opener and the Grey Cup. I am so proud of Montreal right now.

The Impact just announced that the game will go ahead as scheduled. The Fire Department gave a green light based on the amount of snow currently on the roof (none) and the positive weather forecast.

And it was also announced that they have officially hit 50K tickets sold.

quote:Originally posted by kodiakTFC

Wow, this is unbelievable. I am sorry but if the MLS doesn't take Montreal, at least with some sort of shared revenues, the league is not worthy of them. It is likely with the walk-ups that theyll hit somewhere around 53k and that is impressive, not just for soccer in Canada but any sport. The only sporting events in the country which get those numbers are Blue Jays home opener and the Grey Cup. I am so proud of Montreal right now.

I totally agree...this is very good for montreal and canadian soccer.

Archived