CAN - HON Official Game Thread [R]

Sam

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Stalteri wasn't happy with giving them that goal scoring chance there by stupidly keeping the ball in play and then sending it straight back up the middle of the pitch, he then decided he would gift them the goal on the ensuing corner by allowing the honduran to meg him and then to walk in alone to pick out a player at the near post. Brilliant.

Well boys 2014 we will have a great shot!! Who the great am I kidding we will be **** as always, Sack the CSA and start over really no reason not to.

Funny thing is this is by no means Dale Mitchell's fault, he should have never been hired, the CSA decides to hire a guy who fields a simply pittiful team at home in the U-20 WC.

Haahhaahhahh we had a shot this time, we got greated every way possible here guys by the CSA by Concacaf by the gust of wind that stopped Deguz's goal in BMO and the one in Montreal for Gerba.

Guest Jeffery S.

We have been so far from what we thought as fans, we have fallen so terribly. It has been a disgusting campaign.

I am happy with thinking about the Gold Cup, let's win the thing again and celebrate, the whole World Cup thing is so fragile and badly handled it is not worth getting overly excited about. I mean I have all the hope in the world, but this thing has not worked at all since Dale was hired, we were never on.

Time to let the players rest from the anxiety and horror of playing for Canada like this, take a deep breath, hope for some club joy with Caps and Impact.

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

They lost. Whatever.

The players today played like they care. I can't say the same for many in the last two matches.

Agree 100 %. I'm proud of the guys who stepped on the pitch. When Hainault scored we had Honduras where we wanted but then Costly had a moment of brillance...a bit unlucky for us because we were playing well.

Of course we need to get rid of the head coach but I hope some players (maybe like Radz) will come out to criticize the attitude of some players, that would be good as well. Maybe some need to be given a head shake.

Hume played his ass off! Radzinski was good. Hutch had some nice moments, but not much for support. DeJong played hard. Kluka was okay. I liked having McKenna at the back (but would like him paired with Brennan).

Big question: Who from this lot is around for next qualifying campaign?

Gone: Brennan, Stalteri, Radzinski, McKenna?, Derosario?, Onstad

Time to start building the new generation.

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

Hume played his ass off! Radzinski was good. Hutch had some nice moments, but not much for support. DeJong played hard. Kluka was okay. I liked having McKenna at the back (but would like him paired with Brennan).

Big question: Who from this lot is around for next qualifying campaign?

Gone: Brennan, Stalteri, Radzinski, McKenna?, Derosario?, Onstad

Time to start building the new generation.

Agreed 100%, although Radzinski inevitably faded a bit in the second half. He was the leader of the team today, no doubt.

I would add Hastings and Sutton to your list of players who probably won't/shouldn't be involved next go-round. A few others (Bernier, Serioux?) are close to 30 now and it would be a stretch to keep them involved.

Yeah, when we actually pressed, they gave the ball away. Funny how that works. You can yell at your teammates, sure, but one has to wonder if the team even knew that pressing was a good strategy. We scored on the Hondurans and carried the play for some time because they sat back. Sitting back is deadly.

quote:Originally posted by MTLcanada514

do they wait till the end of the campaign to hire a new coach or do it right after the mexico game to give that new coach one game to have a look at a few players against Jamaica.

Dobson wanted to talk about this, but never did... almost like he realized the can of worms he'd be opening up to the general public.

This was a bad result, but far from surprising. One good performance does not a contender make. I've been saying this for quite some time now. For Canada to qualify for the World Cup, and take it seriously, there needs to be a more fully developed soccer culture, that right now does not exist in Canada. There needs to be more professionalism in the game, better organization and a passion and desire to succeed. Until that happens, you can forget about Canada ever qualifying for the World Cup.

PS. It may not seem like a good example to cite, but we should take a page from the American's strategy for ahieving a modicum of success.

Guest Jeffery S.

Jamaica changed coaches and if we hadn't screwed up tonight they'd be in the hunt legitimately too. They did the right thing, because they understand it matters. And for the CSA, the provincial presidents and their constituencies, it does not matter.

Archived