CAN - HON Official Game Thread [R]

Sam

quote:Hainault error on the goal.

He had to leave his man (who scored) to try and get over in time to cover a guy receiving the ball to the left of the penalty spot unmarked, while a bunch of Canadians stood between Guevara and the player receiving the ball. Not so sure that's his error.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jeffery S.

I hate how Dale plays Gerba.

Gerba should be pushing up against the last defender, pressuring the back, Radz plays behind him or to the left. Gerba is wasted like this, you hold back their central defenders with a strong body pushing on them, and that opens up the spaces behind. As is Ali is playing like a 2nd striker, and is wasting the advantage of his size.

In any case he is not fast or mobile enough to play so far back, he is not that quick and his touch is just mediocre. He does not playmake.

Bloody frustrating to see these things, for me at least they seem pretty obvious.

Guest Jeffery S.

Since when is a 4-4-2 two forwards standing beside each other in the upper part of the field? In line. Like central defenders. I can't figure it out. Coach them Dale, if you have a clue!

Guest Jeffery S.

I think the set up is not bad all told. Only thing having de Jong and Stalteri in the midfield means Bernier and Atiba are doing all the work, the others run the lines. The outside mids need to play in the middle and change position as well, or else you are effectively leaving the entire midfield defense to two guys.

Guest Jeffery S.

Don't care if Gerba can score. Off the ball he is useless, it is like playing with 10. Can't stand how he plays frankly. We are giving them so much time on the ball, it looks like WE are winning.

Oh, and if a team has 70% possession, and most is in their own end, and you are losing, you are totally screwing up.

i dont understand in the game we dont have dero or deguz we have rad playing forward. why not put hume in their. we need to score goals and its hard to when we have 2 defensemen playing mid. i just dont get it. sorry to whine about this again but i like the hustle hume has.

quote:Originally posted by kcisoul

i dont understand in the game we dont have dero or deguz we have rad playing forward. why not put hume in their. we need to score goals and its hard to when we have 2 defensemen playing mid. i just dont get it. sorry to whine about this again but i like the hustle hume has.

At least we'd have the threat of a long range strike with Hume in there.

I would think when using another striker it would benefit Friend more he really gets people involved off of him and a game like this where we are most likely getting all our offence from crosses/set pieces Mitches is a moron for not starting Friend.

Archived