CAN - HON Official Game Thread [R]

Sam

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure what the confidence level of the team is after all the comments from DeRo, Brennan, and Mitchell but I am strangely optimistic that we will have more fluidity going forward today. I think our tactics have relied too much on the belief that DeGuz, DeRo, and Hutch will carry the load in the midfield and our chances will come from them. Now, hopefully, Mitchell will employ both Friend and Gerba (or Hume) up-front.

Is this game on local Rogers Sportsnet in Ontario tonight or not?? I thought it wasn't, Sportsnet's listings say it is, but zap2it.com says it isn't. No digital cable for me this weekend.

EDIT: Sportsnet's soccer schedule claims it's on, but their full listing does not. I suspect they'll show baseball over soccer.

quote:Originally posted by sstackho

Is this game on local Rogers Sportsnet in Ontario tonight or not?? I thought it wasn't, Sportsnet's listings say it is, but zap2it.com says it isn't. No digital cable for me this weekend.

EDIT: Sportsnet's soccer schedule claims it's on, but their full listing does not. I suspect they'll show baseball over soccer.

I thought it was just on in Pacific and West. Could be wrong though.

If you visit the Sportsnet page you wouldn't even know that Canada is playing tonight. They're too busy giving Italy, Portugal and Man United the reach around.

quote:Originally posted by sstackho

It's on West and Pacific. You're more than welcome to join us at the Duke tonight, Shawn.

It's not just Sportsnet, it's all of them. You turn on the sports news is the Summer (PEAK Canadian soccer season), and a minimum of 15 minutes of the half hour is regular season baseball scores and highlights, and you never even see 10 seconds of soccer unless a Champs League game is on. I don't even know anyone who watches baseball. They need to get that cr*p outta there.

I expect Hume, Friend and McKenna to all have break-out games tonight. They are three very capable players who have been unable to find their true form this cycle thus far. C'MON BOYS!! (yes, I am aware that that McKenna has been inhibited by the touch-line)

Ali G will be hungry as always, I'm sure.

Hutch my brother, this team is yours to lead now. We believe.

Radz and Diesel, its now or never for you. Don't let it die. We believe.

TO THE WHOLE CREW: F**K THE HATERS, THIS IS FOR YOUrSELVES AND YOUR COUNTRY BOYS!!! NOTHING TO LOSE NOW, CMON YOU F**CKING REDS!!!!

ALLEZ LES ROUGES!!

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

It's on West and Pacific. You're more than welcome to join us at the Duke tonight, Shawn.

Thanks Rudi. But I'm up north this weekend, that's the problem.

I might be able to get a friend to stream his Slingbox to me, if sportsnet.ca isn't streaming it.

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

Sorry to be pedantic, but it's Honduras v Canada, not Canada v Honduras. In soccer, the first team is the home team.

Rant over!

You also say 1-0 not 0-1, so I put the winning team first :D (knock on wood)

Anyways I didn't even think of that when I made the post.

I have a feeling that we may see a very different lineup tonight, rather than just tinkering to replace those missing due to injury or suspension.

..............Lars

Stalteri McKenna Hainault Klukowski

Hume...Hutchinson Bernier Radzinski

.........Friend Gerba

I wouldn't be suprised to see DeJong or Ledgerwood show up either as starters or early subs with Bernier and Stalteri being those on the bubble.

Sadly I'm not sure if I will be able to catch the second half, if any, of the game. Would someone (looking towards Massive Attack) be able to upload the game at some point? MA, if you're going to Edmonton, there's a pint waiting there from me for all the Montreal games you've upped so far.

Archived