CAN - HON Official Game Thread [R]

Sam

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No No you are both absolutely right. Gerba is a crap player. He has scored goals so I guess it is a tough call but there is no way he should ever play ahead of Rob Friend he simply has no skill, pace or ideas. Also Hume should definitely be the second striker with Friend leaving Radz in Midfield where he dominated Honduras last time out Stalteri at his real position and Harmse on the Bench.

Their were big errors before Hainault...

What happens tyo our right side that let the assist man go all alone ?

What a poor positionning of Hisrchfeld, that was very weak on the “offside” goal...

Do you feel / think that some player can play bad on purpose ?

quote:Originally posted by kcisoul

Wilfrid Laurier thanks for your support of playing hume. i really dont understand this lin-up plus hume took that great free kick which they scored off of.

Bottom line, we have to score goals and win. I would have started Radzinski at RM and have Friend and Hume up front. Our midfield is pretty toothless right now.

quote:Originally posted by Bxl Boy

What a poor positionning of Hisrchfeld, that was very weak on the “offside” goal...

I left my chair after seeing that goal and had intented to do something else, I was disgusted but I heard that it was offside so I came back.

It wasn't so much poor positioning, the ball went through his hands and legs, that's poor shot-stopping ;).

Forrest is in the booth with Dobson on Sportsnet Pacific.

"Hainault was clearly to blame on the goal - no question - he overcommitted, "whiffed" at it, essentially, and the Honduran pulled it around him like a puck on a stick. Is he an upgrade over Hastings?"

He had his player in the middle covered like a glove when the ball was played. Who the Hell was covering the open guy in the box? Where the Hell is the right back? Hainault got burned and overcommitted, but geez, it's not like he was settled and prepared for the guy...

With all the dissention in the ranks it must be difficult to get the team on the same page and moving towards the common goal. Also we focus to much in Canadian soccer on "wanting it" and "desire" etc. and less on skill. This line up does'nt have much in terms of someone breaking down a defence and as a team we have'nt moved the ball well at all in this round, so basically it comes down to us having to work our balls off just to be in the game.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by loyola

The goal is mainly Hainault's fault but Stalteri and Harmse should've cut that through pass...

I also can't stand Gerba in this game, I'm pretty sure OO and Friend are better.

Someone missed the cut on the pass in to Costly I think. But Hainault surprises me, he is running around too much, too eager, he has to hold his line and let Kevin lead a bit.

We are suffering from having players who are not seeing action or are in lower division. This team has a definitve whiff of lower division, sorry to say. Except a few of them, Atiba, Kluka (very consistent player isn't he?).

Nicely done!

quote:Originally posted by loyola

The goal is mainly Hainault's fault but Stalteri and Harmse should've cut that through pass...

I also can't stand Gerba in this game, I'm pretty sure OO and Friend are better.

quote:Originally posted by Kiscix

If its on pacific why in the....freakin sportsnet what makes them think that me being a bit further west than bc makes me want to watch baseball.

Its not on Sportsnet pacific if you live in the pacific region. Its baseball here with the Sportnet Ontario Logo [xx(]

Archived