CCL: Joe Public - Montreal Impact [R]

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For one I feel optimistic. JP pulled out a surprise 1-0 win over an Atlante B squad, which the Impact were clearly superior to over 90 mins despite only drawing 0-0. I think their lack of defensive organization, (coupled with the fact that I still haven't seen a CL side that looked like anything other than a deer in the headlights faced with ours), and I think we should win.

Guest Jeffery S.

If Atlante wants to rest players, let them rest them. But don't call it a B squad, since Impact rests, probably Joe Public does as well. most teams in Continental competition play with the same frequency and manage their squad accordingly.

It was an Atlante A team and that is all there is to say. It was not a friendly, it was an official match. If you think they threw it, don't care if they qualify, then fine. I'll bet if it comes down to crucial matches and they are not qualified they'll play their regular starters.

But even then, if you don't think the no 12 to 18 player on a Mexican league side is competent, fine. But it was an A team that lost to Joe Public, because all official matches are always A teams, excuses and other BS notwithstanding.

Guest Jeffery S.

Geez, got a decent feed even on TVU. Just saw the last goal, 1-3. Are Impact that good, are these guys that bad, or do we really underestimate USL-or a bit of all? I mean JP just beat Atlante, it is weird.

Super pass by Grande. Absolutely perfect. Those balls are the man's bread & butter. What I wouldn't give for an extra step of pace out of him. He'd be a 1st team regular for Canada.

Lads look a little sharper today. More spring to their step than of late. Great to see.

Oh, and is it just me or is Joe Public's defending crap?

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Geez, got a decent feed even on TVU. Just saw the last goal, 1-3. Are Impact that good, are these guys that bad, or do we really underestimate USL-or a bit of all? I mean JP just beat Atlante, it is weird.

I'm not sure what to make of it really. You just don't know how seriously the other teams are taking it, but the Impact's good run is certainly not a fluke by any means. Maybe it will get a bit tougher in the later rounds, if the Impact do manage to win the CCL it would be very interesting how they fare in the Club World Cup.

^ I think a large part of this is how important the clubs involved see the competition. There have been some very strange line-ups from all concerned. For Joe Public not having Richardson is certainly a blow, not the reason they defend like a BAD pub team though ;)

i don't get it. Why would any team not take this competition seriously? It means much more than any league game. Anyways even if Montreal's opponents don't care, Montreal is playing great, I can't believe it, but they have represented Canada much better than my beloved Toronto FC would have.

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

I'm not sure what to make of it really. You just don't know how seriously the other teams are taking it, but the Impact's good run is certainly not a fluke by any means. Maybe it will get a bit tougher in the later rounds, if the Impact do manage to win the CCL it would be very interesting how they fare in the Club World Cup.

If that happens I think MLS showed just put the Impact into the league without paying anything

Archived