CCL: Joe Public - Montreal Impact [R]

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by michaeltfc91

i don't get it. Why would any team not take this competition seriously? It means much more than any league game. Anyways even if Montreal's opponents don't care, Montreal is playing great, I can't believe it, but they have represented Canada much better than my beloved Toronto FC would have.

Because it's a new competition. It will take at least several years for the competition to get prestiege.

Guest Jeffery S.

If this result holds and Atlante beats Olimpia (on now too?), then Montreal is through. If Olimpia draws, Impact can only lose their quarter final spot on possible tie-breaker, providing Olimpia wins their next two and Montreal loses their last two (tie at 10 points).

If Olimpia beats Atlante and the result holds for Impact then it is still alive, Atlante could still draw Impact winning their last two and Montreal losing theirs. But again, not sure how they decide ties in these groups, the website says nothing.

Puerto Rico plays Santos Laguna tonight as well, away. A win would give them them classification, anything else keeps it alive.

quote:Originally posted by AlexCap

Is there any difference between finishing first or second in your group in terms of quality of the Quarter-Final opponent?

Well finishing first in your group makes you play a team that finished second. I think thats how they doing it in CCL. Because thats how the rest of the world does it.

quote:Originally posted by AlexCap

Is there any difference between finishing first or second in your group in terms of quality of the Quarter-Final opponent?

Fron CONCACRAP

These eight teams will be drawn into four Quarterfinal pairings to play home-and-away match-ups in February 2009. The four Quarterfinal winners will then play in two Semifinal home-and-away match-ups in March and April 2009 with the two Semifinal winners squaring-off in the home-and-away CONCACAF Champions League Final in late April 2009.

Of course they could pull a USL [:o)]

Archived