Montreal - Sept 6th -

Miche

So I thought the Montreal game was being a bit overshadowed by the Toronto game, I thought we could consolidate the discussion here, in terms of sections the voyageurs are going for.

For the SVG game, the Vs were in section 114, behind the goal. As I've said in the past, I don't want to burst any bubbles, but I was in row 7 of section 107, less then half the stadium away, and I could barely make out what chant you guys were on. In other words, it didn't rock the stadium like some of you thought it did.

I would absolutely suggest selling out section 114 first, then maybe even going for 113 and 115. But I have to suggest we expand to north and south sides (but still within reasonable distance) so that the chants reach further, and hopefully we can get everyone in the in-between sections involved.

I would suggest something like section 108 or 119. Plus something like 118 would be on tv during gameplay.

Anyway, hopefully we could agree soon so that once the first few sections are sold out, people know where to go.

http://www.admission.com/images/maps/admission/StadeSaputo.png

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved being in 114. I was in row 2 and I thought the atmosphere was pretty good. I think that is where the voyageurs should start from again. Anyways IMO this game is going to be much more important than the Jamaica one, and against a better team.

quote:Originally posted by leafdolfan

I loved being in 114. I was in row 2 and I thought the atmosphere was pretty good. I think that is where the voyageurs should start from again. Anyways IMO this game is going to be much more important than the Jamaica one, and against a better team.

Agreed on all counts.

quote:Originally posted by Miche

But I have to suggest we expand to north and south sides (but still within reasonable distance) so that the chants reach further, and hopefully we can get everyone in the in-between sections involved.

I suggest only using one stand. If you have separate pockets, they will each be singing different songs, and none of the pockets will reach critical mass.

If you want the Voyageurs to be on the TV coverage more, put them in the lower parts of the south stand. The TV cameras are on the north stand, facing south.

Guys, tickets go on sale for Honduras at Saputo on July 14.

We will probably have section 114 again. It worked well last time, so I think we would be crazy to change it. If we have a positive result in TO, I have no doubt it will be packed very quickly.

I'm afraid that's all I have right now.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

If we have a positive result in TO, I have no doubt it will be packed very quickly.

well that's a fair point, but the tickets go on sale BEFORE the Toronto game. Not trying to step on your toes Fury, you're doing some good work, just want to make sure this game isn't overlooked, cause our attention is divided among 2 games right now, going on sale at the same time. But Hondurans don't care about the Toronto game. Plus I figure by now we must have enough people to Overfill 114. And I want to make sure people who don't get in have a common section to buy.

quote:Originally posted by Derosario23

Section 120 sounded good why not take care of the middle of the stadium where the players are more likely to hear our chants

I think getting in the mind of the keeper is a good thing. I legitimately think DeRo needs to give the V's some credit on the third goal. A complete keeper blunder after we'd been harassing him for the last 10 minutes.

For the Vincy game I was in 117 corner flag these are the spots we must buy up ...we are an earshot from the Voyageurs. If we can secure both corners near the end zone then it is a ripple effect for the rest of the stadium.

For those not travelling to TO will there be a designated spot to view the game???

I can sell 100 tickets (to Canadian Fans :)) if we are able to secure a section 119/219, or 120/220 or 121/221. I am working with the Quebec Soccer Federation, who allocated all of section 220 for the St VAG game. No news yet. Wondering if any Voyageur (Winnipeg Fury) can get this done? It would be nice to have pockets of Voyageurs spread around Saputo Stadium. Also, this will maximize the Canada fans. I know for a fact that Montreal's rather large Central American decent population are going to attend in big numbers.

Just a thought

Danny

quote:Originally posted by Tuscan

Have any of the non-latin stations begun to promote this game?

Good call....I am up for sitting anywhere. Just put me in a crowd with my fellow home-boyz and lets get the cheers started.

i'm trying to organize the toronto to montreal bus trip so i will potentially need about 56 tix for the match (one for each person on the bus). the numbers are a little low right now but i would assume the numbers will grow shortly. fury, can you help me out with this please? is it possible to set aside tickets "just in case"? would love to be in 114 but even 115 was quite nice!(it's less obstructing because of the net covering 114.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

I spoke to the CSA tonight. They are freezing 114 and 115 for us.

I have told them we need the code ASAP, and they are trying to get it to us.

They sound a bit overwhelmed at the moment.

Is that overwhelmed in a good way or a bad way?

I have contacted the Quebec Soccer Federation to inquire about pre-sale of tickets. I don't want to compete with the V's sales, but I have a feeling we can get LOTS of people into this game, and this is an opportunity to keep us in big pockets (albeit spread around).

Danny

quote:Originally posted by Tuscan

Have any of the non-latin stations begun to promote this game?

As far as I'm concerned, I haven't seen or heard anything yet. Also, I spoke to several Impact season tickets holders and they weren't aware of this game nor wether they would get priority for the tickets.

Archived