Montreal - Sept 6th -

Miche

Update...

Looks like I can procure a bulk of tickets from the Quebec Soccer Federation, through my soccer club. If we see that we are running out of tickets in the V's section, I don't mind trying to get more and handing them over to a Voyageur to manage/distribute.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Danny08

Update...

Looks like I can procure a bulk of tickets from the Quebec Soccer Federation, through my soccer club. If we see that we are running out of tickets in the V's section, I don't mind trying to get more and handing them over to a Voyageur to manage/distribute.

I'm optimistic we will see a very pro-Canada stadium with all of these tickets plus 114, and 115 already on hold

Considering the numbers for Canada vs. SVG I am confident they can sell out Saputo with Canadians. The problem is stopping Hondurans from buying tickets. Do the same thing we are doing for Toronto, give tickets to Montreal and Toronto sths. Then give some to OSA and QSF and their clubs. How many could be we (The Voyageurs and other groups such as USector and RPB) get from the CSA? Would they hold 200-300 for the groups?

quote:Originally posted by Danny08

I can sell 100 tickets (to Canadian Fans :)) if we are able to secure a section 119/219, or 120/220 or 121/221. I am working with the Quebec Soccer Federation, who allocated all of section 220 for the St VAG game. No news yet. Wondering if any Voyageur (Winnipeg Fury) can get this done? It would be nice to have pockets of Voyageurs spread around Saputo Stadium. Also, this will maximize the Canada fans. I know for a fact that Montreal's rather large Central American decent population are going to attend in big numbers.

Just a thought

Danny

I would be surprised if many non-Honduran central Americans attend the match and if they do they might support Canada instead of Honduras. These countries are all rivals in football and expecting Guatemalans to show up to support Honduras is probably similar to expecting Canadians to show up to support the US. What we have to worry about is large groups of Hondurans coming to the game from cities like New York and Boston.

Fury is working on it. He'll either update it here, or start a new thread with an official title.

Hopefully there will be a presale and not just a reserved section. Either way, I don't think Hondurans will try to infiltrate our section like some of the jamas are joking about. Unless they just don't realize it's our section and just buy cause it's a bit cheaper.

I've started to come around on the seating chart. I still think we should have a presence in either the north or south stands within hearing distance of 114 (so we chant together), but even if we just end up agreeing on only being behind the goal, it'll be nice and loud with all the new members (myself included).

i think the closer we get to the 14th, and as more members close the deal on their Toronto tix, buzz for Montreal tix will pick up. And of course whenever Fury gets ahold of some juicy info.

quote:Originally posted by Miche

Fury is working on it. He'll either update it here, or start a new thread with an official title.

Hopefully there will be a presale and not just a reserved section. Either way, I don't think Hondurans will try to infiltrate our section like some of the jamas are joking about. Unless they just don't realize it's our section and just buy cause it's a bit cheaper.

I've started to come around on the seating chart. I still think we should have a presence in either the north or south stands within hearing distance of 114 (so we chant together), but even if we just end up agreeing on only being behind the goal, it'll be nice and loud with all the new members (myself included).

i think the closer we get to the 14th, and as more members close the deal on their Toronto tix, buzz for Montreal tix will pick up. And of course whenever Fury gets ahold of some juicy info.

Grab the whole one end behind the goal. Not sure (if it is north or south but the one with the netting behind the goal).

Then branch out beyond there in sections next to it on either side.

I think the CSA needs to start talking about Montreal and not just Toronto

Is it possible to buy up large chunks of seats now? Assuming it's possible to buy tickets for $10 each if bought in large quantities, and assuming that we have some people who are willing to distribute them to CANADIAN supporters at face value over the coming weeks, then I'd be willing to buy up a fair number of tickets on faith that I'd get most or all of my money back. Maybe if enough of us are willing to do this, we could effectively sell out the stadium before sales to the general public even start, and have 100% Canadian support.

The thing is, I don't live in Central Canada, so I would not be able to actually distribute tickets. But, provided that a longtime Voyageur is willing to look after distributing tickets at face value, and ensuring they go to Canadian supporters, then I'm willing to do my part in terms of laying out some cash to purchase a block of tickets for distribution to Canadian supporters. That keeps them out of the hands of scalpers, who wouldn't be so careful re selling to Cdn supporters. (I'm assuming that it's legal to do this.... and wouldn't be considered scalping, since I would not be looking to make a profit.)

yeah you're right, the tix are more expensive than SVG. It was 30-20-15-10. Now it's 40-30-20-15.

what do you guys think btw, is more expensive tix better or worse for the percentage of supporters? I guess probably worse cause in general the average Honduran is probably more willing to spend their last dollar on a match over the average canuck.

I think 117 is a great alternate section. Still very much within hearing distance of the main group in 114, and close enough to harrass the Honduran keeper.

Here's the email I sent to my friends and co-workers to urge them to join us in Montréal:

Hello everyone,

Laura and I are volunteering to get us all organized for Canada's World Cup qualification match September. For those interested, please get in touch with us BEFORE MONDAY, JULY 14TH. We will buying the tickets on Monday morning. Please note that we will be purchasing tickets for the VOYAGEURS SUPPORTERS SECTION, located behind one of the goals. These are standing only sections, and you are expected to sing and jump around to create the best possible atmosphere. It is a total blast and you won't regret it, on condition of shedding your Ottawa Sports Fan conservatism and shyness. Our boys need to hear our support!

Traditionally, Canada home games feel like road games because of the strong Central American support from 1st and 2nd generation Canadians. This time around, there is a real buzz surrounding our Men's National team because of its prospects for qualifying for the World Cup in 2010. It's time to take our "house" back.

Details:

What: Canada v. Honduras, 2nd match of current round robin (first match is in Toronto August 20th against Jamaica)

Where: Stade Saputo, Montréal

When: Saturday, September 6th, 19:30

Cost: Trying to get confirmation from the Canadian Soccer Association, but should be between $10 and $30. (most likely on the lower end of that scale).

Transportation: We will figure out transportation once we know how many people are coming.

This is the only game in Montreal for this round of qualifying.

ALLEZ LES ROUGES

Théo

P.S. If you are interested in purchasing a Voyageurs scarf, please let me know:

(pic of scarf.jpg)

P.P.S. If you know anyone I might have overlooked or that you think would want to join - power in numbers. Forward it along.

Here's the email that when out to -some- Impact season-ticket holders. No promotional code, no nothing. [xx(]

quote:Dear season ticket holder,

We would like to inform you that the Saputo Stadium will be hosting its second 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa qualifier game, during which Canada will take on Honduras on September 6, 2008 at 8 pm. The ticket sale will begin July 14 at 9 am. Please take note that quantities are limited and tickets are on a first come first served basis.

To purchase your tickets, please contact the Admission Network at 514-790-1245 or http://www.admission.com .

Thank you again for your support and have a great soccer season with the Montreal Impact.

Archived