Rumour - DeRo to FC Kobenhavn

jpg75

DeRo is capable of taking his game up a notch still, and he should be able to do that in Denmark, even if it means he has to fight for playing time. With that said, I don't see the wisdom of FCK signing a 30 year old simply to ride the pine.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

The flight from Houston to Toronto is 4 hours. Copenhagen to Toronto is six, I believe. Maybe a bit more jet lag for the latter, but I don't think it's a big deal. I'd rather see what he can do on a relatively large European stage. And FCK might be better off playing UEFA Cup anyway, as it's a competition they could win -in theory. Having DeRo playing with some great players will hopefully give him an opportunity to show Europe what he can do.

I believe a bigger concern is the time difference added on to longer flights, not just the flight times alone.

I appologise if this is on the site somewhere already, but when would the Hex games be scheduled for and how does that coincide with FCK's season. I think dero's body could be worn down a bit after having played a half season with Dallas and then a full season with FCK after that with no break in between.

quote:Originally posted by maccaliam

I believe a bigger concern is the time difference added on to longer flights, not just the flight times alone.

I appologise if this is on the site somewhere already, but when would the Hex games be scheduled for and how does that coincide with FCK's season. I think dero's body could be worn down a bit after having played a half season with Dallas and then a full season with FCK after that with no break in between.

Denmark has a long winter break so his time off won't be much different than it is now.

i have long thought that dero should get a shot at europe...he has done everything he can at the MLS level...i hope he is able to get a new experience before his career is over....while i was hoping somewhere like fulham, which is practically an MLS team anyways, i like at least that it is a big club in a major european city (my favourite city in the world no less)...i hope the rumour is true.

well, if he does go, denmark was just voted happiest place on earth...so...if he makes some good $$$...he should be happy and so should we. I have read more than once that a major reason for not going to europe was family reasons. Maybe this time FCK has accommodated them.

FCK might very well be looking for a striker. The last few years they had been relying on Swedish elderstatesman Marcus Allbäck's productivity (45 goals in 120 matches). He has now left Denmark to go back to his "mother club" Ögryte, who are currently in Swedish tier II.

When Allbäck came to FCK he was certainly no spring chicken (age 30) although that is kind of FC Copenhagen's MO. They tend to look for players with a proven track record who would otherwise be fighting for a spot in a top tier league. Atiba, as an example, plyed his trade in two Swedish clubs before getting the eye of the big Danish club.

I cannot speak to the legitimicy of the rumour although given FCK's track record, it may be a good career and financial fit for DeRo. As for the MNT, I see more Canucks in Denmark as all the better. Denmark recognizes FIFA matchdays (something the MLS does not) and furthermore with a cluster of NT bodies in the same geographic location, the possibility of a charter flight (or some such plan) may be all the more likely. I know the CSA is bare-bones, moneywise, but one never knows...

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by loyola

It will have no impact for the group stage since DeRo would've had continue his season with Houston anyway (assuming he's moving to FCK). But yes, it's more travel.

If it happens I would feel like it's a good move for DeRo.

It is tens of thousands of kilometres less travel, as in Denmark you hardly travel at all and MLS you are doing tens of thousands of kilometres. Let's try not to be silly. It is like working beside your home and then occasionally going on a business trip, or commuting 50 km a day into work back and forth and doing frequent business trips on top of that.

De Ro could easily play in a lower level team in La Liga, like Gijon, or a top team of the 2nd tier working to go up, like Real Sociedad. As I have said before, he has had a truly terrible agent for years, it is the only logical explanation. Because his highlight clip is amazing if you want to make it that way, he is a great deal for the right top flight top level team.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Don't let Ceres or Grizzly see this topic? ;)

Not that I would want to start a fight, but I must admit that this rumour is a bit funny though, since DeRo was on trial at the club I support AGF Aarhus some years back, but did not get a contract.. So I'm a bit surprised to now see him linked to FCK..

If this would be a good move for DeRo, I really dont know ?.. I think It depends on why they would want to sign him.. Is he not really more of an attacking midfielder than a real forward ?..

Don't let Ceres or Grizzly see this topic? ;)

Not that I would want to start a fight, but I must admit that this rumour is a bit funny though, since DeRo was on trial at the club I support AGF Aarhus some years back, but did not get a contract.. So I'm a bit surprised to now see him linked to FCK..

If this would be a good move for DeRo, I really dont know ?.. I think It depends on why they would want to sign him.. Is he not really more of an attacking midfielder than a real forward ?..

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

It is tens of thousands of kilometres less travel, as in Denmark you hardly travel at all and MLS you are doing tens of thousands of kilometres. Let's try not to be silly. It is like working beside your home and then occasionally going on a business trip, or commuting 50 km a day into work back and forth and doing frequent business trips on top of that.

I think you didn't get that we were talking about travel to get to MNT games, specially CONCACAF games who are all 8-10 hours away from Copenhagen.

quote:Originally posted by jamonty

FCK might very well be looking for a striker. The last few years they had been relying on Swedish elderstatesman Marcus Allbäck's productivity (45 goals in 120 matches). He has now left Denmark to go back to his "mother club" Ögryte, who are currently in Swedish tier II.

When Allbäck came to FCK he was certainly no spring chicken (age 30) although that is kind of FC Copenhagen's MO. They tend to look for players with a proven track record who would otherwise be fighting for a spot in a top tier league.

Yes, FCK tend to sign solid foreign internationals who have had some trouble with their club career... Marcus Allbäck has always done well for Sweden (he actually has a better goal average, 30 goals in 74 games, for the Swedish NT than the much more famous Henrik Larsson, 36 goal in 98 games ), but after Allbäck moved from Heerenveen to Aston Villa his career turned bad, so after yet another bad experience in the Bundesliga, FCK picked him up... and this really saved Allbäcks career and kept him on the Swedish NT.. You can say the same about Libor Sionko who had turned 30 and was about to lose his spot on the Czech Rep. NT, but then after only one year at FCK he has really kick-stated his career and was one of the absolute best players for the Czech Rep. at the Euro-08...

It was also after a horribe stay in the EPL at Everton Tobias Linderoth managed to kick-start his career to become Swedish NT Captain while playing for FCK, though he was only 24 when he moved to FCK.

Ppl often tend to forget that the Danish league very much is a development league for the big leagues of Europe, so no matter if your 20 or 30, this is exactly what the Danish league clubs do best.. develop young players and kick-start the career of good players who have made a wrong turn in their career... When a Bundesliga club buy a big foreign "name" rather than taking a chance by using their own talents, then it's the opposite in the Superliga... and when a Bundesliga team no longer trust a good foreign international who has turned 30, then a danish club will not think twice picking him up and try to kick-start his career... Though it is mainly young foreign players who move to the Superliga..

This would be a great move if it's for real. DeRo has heaps of raw talent, and the experience of playing in a more disciplined/tactical/technical style league would add a new dimension to his game, not to mention the experience of Uefa Cup games.

I know in the past he's turned down a contract in the EPL because it wasn't long term enough for him and his family. Hopefully this will end up being a solid contract for him. Seriously think this would be great for the MNT.

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

The Danish press have already posted two articles on DeRo's deal with Copenhagen. We are certainly going to need a Danish interpreter for these ones.

http://www.sporten.dk/fodbold/sas-ligaen-20082009/se-videoen-fck-kigger-pa-spektakulaer-canadier

http://sporten.tv2.dk/fodbold/article.php/id-12763825.html

The links are just quoting americansoccerreader.com, so ther is nothing new .. The headline in the first link is saying FCK is looking at spectacular Canadian the second link : FCK want a new canadian

Both links are saying that the FCK director of football, Carsten V. Jensen has no comment. (which is what FCK always say when they are asked about players who are being linked to the club )..

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

LOL! This guy imbedded Juby's youtube compilation into his article!

sporten.dk I belive is owned by the big "British Tabloid" styled Danish newspaper BT. ... so you should not really be surprised about the youtube link...

quote:Originally posted by Ceres

sporten.dk I belive is owned by the big "British Tabloid" styled Danish newspaper BT. ... so you should not really be surprised about the youtube link...

It's not that they imbedded a youtube link that makes it funny. It's that the youtube link they posted was created by one of our posters. I don't think this is the first time one of his clips has been used either, atleast this time they gave him credit and didn't rip off bits of it...

sweet, and it got 300 hits from that link this morning, the odds of them linking it to my page were so slim I got lucky, that video in paticular has been put on youtube by alot of people (some kept my intro credit, some tried to rip me off by editing it out and adding weak songs but the same video order) so the fact that they got it right is bomb.

quote:Originally posted by Juby

sweet, and it got 300 hits from that link this morning, the odds of them linking it to my page were so slim I got lucky, that video in paticular has been put on youtube by alot of people (some kept my intro credit, some tried to rip me off by editing it out and adding weak songs but the same video order) so the fact that they got it right is bomb.

It boggles the mind why someone would want to put in the effort to rip off a perfectly good video on YouTube...

It boggles the mind why someone would want to put in the effort to rip off a perfectly good video on YouTube...

it boogles the mind that someone could have less of a life then the guy who spent hours editing the video

edit: thats why it's so annoying too, technically, it only takes a couple minutes to change the song and cut the intro.

quote:Originally posted by Juby

Juby this is my favorite video of yours! It makes Dero look All World! lol

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

Great for FC Kobenhavn fans!

DeRosario is better than Hutchinson who is one of their best if not best players! FCK will really love DeRo, he really is an amazing player and could play in any league in the world.

FCK is definitely speaking to MLS about DeRo but its a bit early to congratulate FCK fans on their acquisition of Dwayne.

I'm curious about 2 things:

a) if the deal goes through, what's the transfer fee going to be. My bet is that FCK will pay MLS around the same amount as what they got from Villareal for Altidore because DeRo is ready to walk in and help the team whereas Altidore might have more potential but is still a bit of a raw stone that needs polishing.

B) if this deal doesn't go through, does DeRo land in T.O. for TFC next season?

comments?

Archived