Rumour - DeRo to FC Kobenhavn

jpg75

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

FCK is definitely speaking to MLS about DeRo but its a bit early to congratulate FCK fans on their acquisition of Dwayne.

I'm curious about 2 things:

a) if the deal goes through, what's the transfer fee going to be. My bet is that FCK will pay MLS around the same amount as what they got from Villareal for Altidore because DeRo is ready to walk in and help the team whereas Altidore might have more potential but is still a bit of a raw stone that needs polishing.

B) if this deal doesn't go through, does DeRo land in T.O. for TFC next season?

comments?

a) The transfer is basically done if it is true that Dwayne has agreed. FCK is rich as hell, one of the richest clubs in the world actually. I'd guess 1.5-2 million euros maybe.

B) No Dwayne would stay in Houston where he has a few more years. If the deal does go through Dwayne has a better chance of landing in TO when he returns from Europe then if he stays. So this move would be good for TFC

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay not an insult to FCK at all I think they are a good club from what I've seen from them. I loved seeing Hutch in the Champions League in 2006. For DeRo I think this is a great move, but on a Canadian Soccer scale I think not as much. I would love to see him in the prem. Purely, because it is the most watched league in Canada, and he is the most exciting of any of the players on the MNT. To publicize our team a move to England for DeRo would be great. From a media standpoint he would be receiving much more attention as would the MNT in Canada, because a lot of casual 'fans' will know a bit about the prem, but know nothing about our national team. On the other hand I think this is a step up in playing level for DeRo and I'd be excited to see how he does in Denmark alongside Hutch.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

My bet is that FCK will pay MLS around the same amount as what they got from Villareal for Altidore because DeRo is ready to walk in and help the team whereas Altidore might have more potential but is still a bit of a raw stone that needs polishing.

How much are you betting? $10 million for DeRo? I'll take that action. I think Keegan is closer, without going over. My bet would around $3 million Euro.

FCK is a rich corporation, but the football club doesn't receive the $40 odd million in TV rights and $20 odd million for league finish that Villareal likely does. Nor are they able to retain their players long enough to earn millions in tansfer and sell-on fees. There no chance FCK will sell DeRo on after this contract for anything more than a couple bucks from TFC. If Jozy pans out, he could be a multi-million pound striker to the EPL with a 50% sell-on when Newcastle sells him back Real Betis for $15 million ten years from now.

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

No way he goes for 10 million USD.

He is good but just turned 30.

I agree... $10million US is too much. I thought Jozy went for less than $10million

Like I said...i predict $7-8 million US

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by loyola

I think you didn't get that we were talking about travel to get to MNT games, specially CONCACAF games who are all 8-10 hours away from Copenhagen.

I got it alright. All I am saying is that he has virtually zero travel in Denmark, less than if he were playing in the CSL. He'll not be travelled out, he'll be fully rested in that department. 6-8 trips a year is not much in comparison to what normal travel is in MLS. He'll probably be glad to get on a plane for once.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

How much are you betting? $10 million for DeRo? I'll take that action. I think Keegan is closer, without going over. My bet would around $3 million Euro.

FCK is a rich corporation, but the football club doesn't receive the $40 odd million in TV rights and $20 odd million for league finish that Villareal likely does. Nor are they able to retain their players long enough to earn millions in tansfer and sell-on fees. There no chance FCK will sell DeRo on after this contract for anything more than a couple bucks from TFC. If Jozy pans out, he could be a multi-million pound striker to the EPL with a 50% sell-on when Newcastle sells him back Real Betis for $15 million ten years from now.

FCK produced a turnover of 200 million Euros (more than US$ 300 million) in 2006/07 and a Net profit after taxes of a bit more than 16.4 million Euros (more than US$ 25 million)... Since DeRo has turned 30, I personally think the price level will be in the area of US$ 3-4 million.

quote:Originally posted by leafdolfan

I would love to see him in the prem. Purely, because it is the most watched league in Canada, and he is the most exciting of any of the players on the MNT. To publicize our team a move to England for DeRo would be great. From a media standpoint he would be receiving much more attention as would the MNT in Canada, because a lot of casual 'fans' will know a bit about the prem, but know nothing about our national team. On the other hand I think this is a step up in playing level for DeRo and I'd be excited to see how he does in Denmark alongside Hutch.

The problem for DeRo is no doubt that he never really got the right offers from Europe years ago... I remember him being on trial at AGF Aarhus in Denmark, where he was not offered a contract because they signed some Norwegian from Rosenborg and then he himself refused a 6-month deal from an EPL club... Now that he has turned 30 ther is simply not going to be a club in one of the top leagues making him an offer.. That is not an insult to DeRo, Canada or the MLS, but just how it works. You need to prove yourself in Europe before your 30, otherwise the big leagues are not going to take the chance of picking you up..

The Danish league is different, it has its own logic and way of doing things and the league is not a dead-end league like most of the other average leagues of Europe, so I think FC København really is the best DeRo could hope for.

My guess on a transfer fee will be around $2 million Euros give or take a million if it happens. This is not because I think DR is not more valuable but because transfer fees need to be considered together with the the contract. More is paid for young players because the hope is that they will be worth more when you sell them. In the case of DR, his value on the transfer market is not likely to be higher at the end of the contract. The contract will also likely pay better than for a young player being transferred on the basis of potential because you are paying for current performance.

the more national team players playing their club football together on the same team the better, i think...many european sides have that luxury...look at the russians and germany...many of their top players come from only a handful of clubs...that can only help team chemistry on the pitch

if we were to get 2 of our most important players together every day, it would only help the nats...especailly since hutch and dero working together will be critical to our success this WCQ run.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by trueviking

funny that the only two black guys on the team would be canadian...

holdbillede2007.jpg

DeRo is Guyana creole, maybe that is black to you, but then again maybe Obama is black to you.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

DeRo is Guyana creole, maybe that is black to you, but then again maybe Obama is black to you.

I think he said this tongue in cheek. FCK is so bloody white, they're clear.

And how is Obama NOT black? [God Jeffrey, I wonder sometimes...];)

Guest Jeffery S.

Let's not get into this then, if Atiba's blackness and FCK's whiteness was just an offhand remark.

Still think DeRo has the worst imaginable agent, how could this guy not have been marketed to a modest top flight club in a good league years ago? I mean, until recently he was making 105,000 a year, like an English third tier player. Now he does a bit better, but even so, I mean DeRo could have gone to Betis three years ago and would have fit in wonderfully.

i agree that we should let it be, because it is not important...i should have said "person of colour", not knowing dero's actual family background.

however...he says as he is about to ignore his previous comment...

a little research for my own education shows that "guyana creole" doesnt actually refer to someone's ethnic background, but more the geographic location of their birth. (30% of the people in guyana are of african descent, while 40% are east indian). The term creole has different definitions in that part of the world...it traditionally meant slaves born in the new world, but today it can mean anything from a person born and raised in the region, to someone who has become european in style...it generally doesnt define race, except in suriname where it is used to define people of african descent.

Obviously in the modern world, one's race is left up to the individual to define (i noticed on his myspace page he refers to himself as "other"), but to jump down my throat with a reaction like you did was actually unfounded, unless you know specifically that his ancestry is not whatever percentage african allows him to be called "black"....while i confess that i am ignorant of that information, to simply say he is guyana creole is not adequate to define his racial heritage.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Let's not get into this then, if Atiba's blackness and FCK's whiteness was just an offhand remark.

Still think DeRo has the worst imaginable agent, how could this guy not have been marketed to a modest top flight club in a good league years ago? I mean, until recently he was making 105,000 a year, like an English third tier player. Now he does a bit better, but even so, I mean DeRo could have gone to Betis three years ago and would have fit in wonderfully.

I think the reasons were related to his family (wife I think) and that's why he didn't accept offers from euro clubs a few yrs ago. Don't know what has change since then but he seems ready to accept such an offer now. Since he's 30 and has played most of his career in MLS I don't think a move to a much better league (top 4-5) was possible.

I don't think anyone got too bothered by the remark(a bit inaccurate if nitpicked, running close to the line on a touchy subject, I don't think it's time to start rebukes yet), being half this and half that can be described as one thing really, seriously canadian (unless yer a certain Oranje chaser).

De rosario must have a terrible agent because even I got a message 'apparently(key word)' from a premier league team with questions about him, his salary etc.. If there going to the maker of a soccer video for information then I don't think his agent is doing a good enough job. That sort of info should be easily accessible by being super public and actually connected to the mill of dealmaking world wide.

FCK is busy...

There are four Swedes they've pursued: Anders Svensson (Elfsborg), Mattias Bjärsmyr (IFK Gothenburg), Alex Farnerud, Stefan Ishizaki (Elfsborg) and that is only in the last 9 days.

It would seem DeRo is still being scouted and with only 3 forwards on their depth chart, it remains a logical transfer.

Any news how Dwayne faired in the Free Kick Masters event?

^I've been searching for videos of DeRo in the free kick masters but can't find anything yet...Saw some other vids from it though and I gotta say Ronaldinho looks like he doesn't give an eff about football these days.

quote:Originally posted by Soju

^I've been searching for videos of DeRo in the free kick masters but can't find anything yet...Saw some other vids from it though and I gotta say Ronaldinho looks like he doesn't give an eff about football these days.

very sad...

Anyone would kill for that talent.

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

very sad...

Anyone would kill for that talent.

He's been injured physically and called a liar about it by the Barca staff. He has not had a great year. Heal up and get a new team and he'll be back to his old self soon. He is 28 and will be a force for another 4 years at least. The pressure in Barcelona must be insane. People throwing things at you as you go through an airport!

Archived