Presentation & Team Practice........

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

I sincerely hope that's not the case. I know we're up 3-0 & now playing at home, but there's still no excuse for me for the team not to have a full roster to choose from.

Even if it's too last minute just call up Gbeke. Imagine if something happened to Gerba and we were stuck with no true striker? Bush league

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

I sincerely hope that's not the case. I know we're up 3-0 & now playing at home, but there's still no excuse for me for the team not to have a full roster to choose from.

Yeah, I'm surprised a replacement striker hasn't been named. Guess they'll just go with DeRo, Radz or possibly Hutch should Gerba have a problem.

quote:Originally posted by nolando

I wonder how OO feels now that he's not even worthy to be called up as emergency third-stringer - quebec is his home too :< poor show

Let's see how he responds at club level in the coming months. Last I saw on here his club side was struggling and he was on the bench. He surely will have lots of incentive now to force himself back into the MNT picture by the time the second round begins.

quote:Originally posted by BearcatSA

Let's see how he responds at club level in the coming months. Last I saw on here his club side was struggling and he was on the bench. He surely will have lots of incentive now to force himself back into the MNT picture by the time the second round begins.

Not sure about him being on the bench as he scored twice in his last game with Lillestrom (June 8). He has scored 4 goals in 9 games this year for his struggling team.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Not sure about him being on the bench as he scored twice in his last game with Lillestrom (June 8). He has scored 4 goals in 9 games this year for his struggling team.

And I stand corrected (my bad [:I]): thanks for the update, loyola. Perhaps his club is pretty steadfast about not releasing him for now. If he continues to score over the summer surely he will be in our MNT striker mix for the second round.

quote:Originally posted by BearcatSA

And I stand corrected (my bad [:I]): thanks for the update, loyola. Perhaps his club is pretty steadfast about not releasing him for now. If he continues to score over the summer surely he will be in our MNT striker mix for the second round.

That's what I figured, moreso than Dale ignoring/not rating him. I could see how a struggling team would be loathe to release one of their better strikers for a month.

quote:Originally posted by El Hombre

That's what I figured, moreso than Dale ignoring/not rating him. I could see how a struggling team would be loathe to release one of their better strikers for a month.

It`s also extremely short notice and he would be hurting from all the connecting flights. He would probably get in on the 20th and not be game shape in the least.

The Tippeligaen has been pausing since June 8 until June 27 so I'm pretty sure OO is in MTL or at least was available for both games against SVG.

Since the South Africa game in November I've been under the impression that DM doesn't rate OO that much. Starting Hume over him as a lone striker was a weird move by the coach.

Archived