Presentation & Team Practice........

Just a quick update for any Voyageurs in the area. I have confirmed with the CSA that the national team will be practicing today at Stade Saputo from 10:30-12:00. I have been given the green light by the CSA to present Julian DeGuzman with his 2007 Voyageurs Player of the Year Award (Plaque and V`s scarf, courtesy of Cheeta). There will be opportunity for photo`s and autographs.

All Voyageurs are welcome to attend and be part of the presentation. This is a formal presentation, so a strict dress code (red & white) will be in effect.

See you at the stade at 10:30 !

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The presentation went really well. Julian was very impressed and the players and CSA staff were impressed by how far many of the fans had travelled in support of the team (Mike from the Yukon had just arrived after a three day bus ride !). I wouldn`t say he was teary eyed, but these guys really appreciate the support. The Vancouver contingent was out in force to assist. Greatly appreciated boys, you did the V`s proud.

Special thanks to Canadian GM Morgan Quary who assisted me in setting this up. As well as Michel who arrived from the provincial association with our posters. The team will be autographing a number of promo posters. I will be selling these on the site to raise funds for whatever is deemed appropriate by the masses.

quote:Originally posted by djcuse

You can watch the presentation on Rogers Sportsnet Ontario in the next 10 minutes or so.. Connected is doing a Report for the game on Friday.!

I'll try to get it online. I have to record it with my dvd recorder, and then rip it though, so it might take me a little bit of time.

Sportsnet ......

It was kind of funny, because we were off in the corner doing the presentation with Julian, and I looked up and there were all these TV cameras crowding in to get a shot. I`m not sure they got us doing the presentation, but they saw Julian take a few pics with us.

He also did all the TV interviews with a Voyageurs scarf around his neck !

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Friend has gone home, injured.

Gerba missed today`s practice to attend to personal matters.

Hastings was getting some work done on his leg most the day, but outside of Friend, everyone is good to go.

Any word on who is being called up to replace Friend?

Sucks that Friend went home. With Friend home and Gerba's head probably on other things (out of contract and family) I think we should go with someone else up front (Issey or Radz). Start Hainault over Hastings as he could use the experience, plus it is his hometown.

Archived