Olympic Qualifying

Vic

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Canada vs Costa Rica - Your Running Commentary

Canada faces Costa Rica on Sunday with first place in Group B on the line. Canada has already qualified for the 9 April semi-final regardless of Sunday’s outcome, but the result will determine whether Canada finishes first or second in Group B. Canada needs a win or draw to finish first ahead of Costa Rica and Trinidad & Tobago.

With a nod (ah who's kidding who we stole the idea in its entirety) to one of the best soccer blogs online today - Soccer by Ives - we're going to experiment a bit with one of the best features of that site. A running commentary of games while they happen.

More pre-game and your commentary at:

http://canadakicks.blogspot.com/2008/04/canada-vs-costa-rica-your-running.html

at least and finally Stoumbous is saying to actually put two passes together, move into space, improve your first touch, stop kicking long balls with your eyes closed - but it took what? a decade for her to realize how the game should be played?

What makes it even harder to watch than the streaming is this kicking it up all the time brainless futureless soccer. Makes it really difficult to watch, I hate it. With the women game having gotten better, this style will and has not produced results. Why isn't Lang playing?

Seems I'm not the only one who was not impressed with the team's performance despite their lacklustre victory:

"The players did not perform to their ability," says coach Even Pellerud. "They played very careless and apprehensive. Their play really affected (the outcome of) the game."

quote:Originally posted by Richard

Seems I'm not the only one who was not impressed with the team's performance despite their lacklustre victory:

"The players did not perform to their ability," says coach Even Pellerud. "They played very careless and apprehensive. Their play really affected (the outcome of) the game."

I think this guy Pellerud is confused. That IS the way they play!

Archived