Olympic Qualifying

Vic

playing in the heat in Mexico has always been a big factor.

how many canadian teams have ever win a game in Asteca?

had the csa accepted the offer of hosting the tournament it would have been a big plus for the canadian team.

instead of making it easier for our team to qualify they send them to the worse and most hostile environment in concacaf to try to qualify.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by sj

playing in the heat in Mexico has always been a big factor.

how many canadian teams have ever win a game in Asteca?

had the csa accepted the offer of hosting the tournament it would have been a big plus for the canadian team.

instead of making it easier for our team to qualify they send them to the worse and most hostile environment in concacaf to try to qualify.

These games are not in Azteca stadium. They are in Juarez which is just 12 Km from El Paso, Texas, where they have been training. The altitude is a mere 1100 meter above sea level. The team has been there now over a week. The coach said this team was as well prepared as any, free of injuries and well played. The same factors apply to the U.S. but their tough women don't complain including their coach.

Those prelim games were all just gamesmanship, everyone and their Mother knew who was playing tomorrow months ago.

In the past month, neither Japan, France or either Caribbean minnow found the back of our net, because our defensive pinball game is just too frustrating to attack into (and as you're all well aware - out of). Mexico isn't half as dangerous on the attack of Japan or France, and their defense was really suspect against the USA. They really are half the team we are, and I can't see any possible way they'll even keep it close.

Those prelim games were all just gamesmanship, everyone and their Mother knew who was playing tomorrow months ago.

In the past month, neither Japan, France or either Caribbean minnow found the back of our net, because our defensive pinball game is just too frustrating to attack into (and as you're all well aware - out of). Mexico isn't half as dangerous on the attack of Japan or France, and their defense was really suspect against the USA. They really are half the team we are, and I can't see any possible way they'll even keep it close.

quote:Originally posted by Vic

if memory serves, didn't the Mexicans knock us out of the last round of olympic qualifying in 2004?

In a single game elimination, ANYTHING is possible.

Our girls are better on paper but games are not played on paper.

This team needs to show some pride and go out and play with heart and determination. They displayed none of that on Sunday. It was a pathetic effort against a minnow opponent.

quote:Originally posted by terpfan68

Who is officiating? And will the officials "favour" the home team?

Semifinals

USA – COSTA RICA

KO 1700

R: Dianne Ferreira-James (GUY)

A1: Maria Isabel Tovar(MEX)

A2: Rita Munoz(MEX)

FO: Carol Ann Chenard(CAN)

CANADA – MEXICO

KO 1930

R: Kari Seitz (USA)

A1: Cynette Jeffrey (GUY)

A2: Cindy Mohammed (TRI)

FO: Jennifer Bennett(USA)

quote:Originally posted by Kevin McMillan

0-0 at the half between the Yanks and Costa Rica... American's haven't got a whole lot going

CR is doing well to defend and trying to get one on the counter. I'm hoping for an upset here.

I have watched TFC streaming feeds from CBC and it has been fine, so was the Estonia men's game. Just these games from Mexico are crap and virtually unwatchable. I would prefer a good reliable straight audio feed than a useless attempt at video.

Archived