Canadians abroad: February 9-15, 2007

DJT

Canadians abroad on TV this week

Notes: This list may be incomplete (in particular, American college matches, which are broadcast by FSWC, are not included) or inaccurate. Generally only premiere broadcasts are listed (in particular, FSWC and GolTV Canada repeats are not listed). All broadcasts are live unless otherwise noted. All times are EST.

Saturday, February 10

5:00 PM (7-hour tape delay) on FSWC — England: Premier League

Sheffield United vs. Tottenham (Paul Stalteri)

Tuesday, February 13

4:00 PM (78-hour tape delay) on GolTV Canada — England: Premier League

Newcastle (David Edgar) vs. Liverpool

Guidelines for this thread

[*]In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for February 9-15, 2007.

[*]If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

[*]If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

[*]Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

Stalteri on the bench for Spurs. No Edgar in the lineup for Newcastle.

Hume and Peters both on the pitch to start the Ipswich-Leicester tilt.

Lyall is dressed for Walsall. Jackson has scored for R&D in the 32nd minute. This is his 11th goal i think? could be off by one or more...

Kapitan Kev is out of the lineup for Cottbus, they are getting whacked 4-1 at the moment. Now we know why he's their MVP.

De Guzman play only the first half and was replace by Lensky.

--quote--

The disappointing Jonathan de Guzman remained in the dressing room when the sides returned for the second half, as Lensky was brought into the eleven. Huysegems was another one not to re-emerge after the break. Castelen took the Belgian’s place, as Feyenoord looked to inject more pace on the wings.

______----------_______

http://www.feyenoord.com/pages/newsdetail/S1/10010000013550-999-10010000000003.aspx

Dodds starts and plays 90 today at Rugby Park as Kili host Rangers. Rangers win 3-1. Kili sit 6th in the SPL table 3 points back of Hibs and 2 clear of Inverness.

Radz sub's in for Voltz in the 63rd with Fulham away to Bolton and trailing 2-nil. Zat Knight scores a few minutes later and Radz nearly levels the score in added time but for a brilliant save. Fulham loose on the road for the umpteenth time this season.

I was at the ADO - Ajax game earlier today. I must say that I was relieved that it was not Wagenaar out there - a real blunder by the ADO keeper van Nieuwkoop (???) allowed Ajax back into the game after ADO had taken the lead with a good goal. Corner from Sneijder went straight to the keeper who bobbled it and allowed it to drop right beghind him just as Heitinga was arriving. The second Ajax goal took a deflection so could not be faulted on the keeper. Maybe allows Wagenaar another chance. Is he injured by the way?

quote:Originally posted by lowlander

I was at the ADO - Ajax game earlier today. I must say that I was relieved that it was not Wagenaar out there - a real blunder by the ADO keeper van Nieuwkoop (???) allowed Ajax back into the game after ADO had taken the lead with a good goal. Corner from Sneijder went straight to the keeper who bobbled it and allowed it to drop right beghind him just as Heitinga was arriving. The second Ajax goal took a deflection so could not be faulted on the keeper. Maybe allows Wagenaar another chance. Is he injured by the way?

Josh injured himself twice in the same game last week (hand and leg I think). He subbed out after 18 min, a very unlucky season for him, everytime he had a chance to get the starter jersey he injured himself.

quote:Originally posted by ubuntu

De Guzman play only the first half and was replace by Lensky.

--quote--

The disappointing Jonathan de Guzman remained in the dressing room when the sides returned for the second half, as Lensky was brought into the eleven. Huysegems was another one not to re-emerge after the break. Castelen took the Belgian’s place, as Feyenoord looked to inject more pace on the wings.

______----------_______

Funny how Feyenoord has gone into the tank since getting booted from UEFA thanks to the bad behaviour of their fans. You think there are some under motivated players on that squad right now? They sure have been getting their butts handed to them of late.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

Funny how Feyenoord has gone into the tank since getting booted from UEFA thanks to the bad behaviour of their fans. You think there are some under motivated players on that squad right now? They sure have been getting their butts handed to them of late.

The standings, after the weekend. 5th place doesn't look so bad but Feyenoord would have to do some serious work to move up the table any further. Not that I mind; hopefully AZ can leapfrog Ajax and stay there.

PSV 24 57

Ajax 24 54

AZ 24 53

FC Twente 24 50

Feyenoord 24 42

sc Heerenveen 24 38

Roda JC 24 36

NAC Breda 24 35

FC Groningen 24 34

FC Utrecht 24 33

Vitesse 24 32

NEC 24 31

Sparta Rotterdam 24 27

Heracles Almelo 24 19

Willem II 24 18

Excelsior 24 16

RKC Waalwijk 24 16

ADO Den Haag 24 14

(Italicized teams are others with Canadians or "Canadians")

quote:Originally posted by marktci

Heerenveen's top striker, Alves, is out for six weeks with a knee injury. Presumably this should give Johnson more of a chance in the upcoming weeks.

Too bad Friend isn't around anymore. Would have been a great opportunity to step in.

quote:Originally posted by masster

Too bad Friend isn't around anymore. Would have been a great opportunity to step in.

It actually might be better that he isn't around since he is starting at Heracles and maybe Johnson will start or play more minutes for Heerenveen. Thus, both will be getting increased playing time.

quote:Originally posted by Bertuzzi44

Anyone know if they have actually been using Will as a striker or more as a high midfielder?

With the reserves Will has definitely been playing in midfield, almost exclusively in fact. I haven't paid much attention to his brief appearances with the senior side, but I imagine his role there is the same.

quote:Originally posted by Bertuzzi44

Anyone know if they have actually been using Will as a striker or more as a high midfielder?

Here is the info on Johnson in 24 matches with Heerenveens 1 st team

Has made 9 appearances for his club - (tmp 120 minutes approx). Made appearances in 6 games as a midfielder usually around the 75 minute mark of the game. The other 3 appearances he came in as a striker around the 80 minute mark.

Has 1 goal, and no bookings either red or yellow on his record.

Archived