14,000 (Sold Out) Toronto FC season tickets sold

Crazy_Yank

History guys we are seing real history happening and this is only the beginning.Woopie,thanks Paul, I know you don't like this stuff,but I don't care. I have been fighting for 34 years day and night so I have some thousands of hours to look back on. I kind of feel even congratulating myself since I knew in the long run I was right.I realized from day one that TFC would change this sporting world. Hey Dutchmen are suppose to be very stubborn besides I got some motivation from mr ball and miss nightingale. Anyway hey we just have to get that effen Star turned around. They started that stupid fight and Jerkie in particular. Believe me he was not alone, some sort of all around Star soccer questionable media view and they are loosing. What happened to that Kelly" cat", he has never been to a TFC conference,who are these yo yo's . Yes me against the mighty Star and me will win.The Globe and I assume Sun are ok,in fact the Globe are doing a great and masterfull job and Peter in particular. And of course Gerry and Craig who are doing an amazing and superb job,just great, only that effen Star.What jerks!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very much looking forward and again a negative article about David Beckham and not a word about the games played yesterday.The Globe is doing a much much better job and these are the facts and trend as well.Who is this Kelly " dude" never seen him at any soccer function and he is suppose to be the inside soccer writer.I know looking forward and I have said this so many times before, the media will write about the game and will make it look a lot better but the Star is going against this trend and still have that weird attitude,when will this change?

While editing this stuff,did anyone read the article in today's Globe that made reference to the new owners of Liverpool, a couple of Canadians, who went to a game and said that they experienced something they never ever experienced in sports before making reference to the crowd and the singing.They were blown away.Aup we will have that magic coming to Toronto big time and I wonder how the media will react to that one and the Star in particular.BTW,the publisher of the Globe is a big soccer fan.I guess that helps a lot and shows as well!

quote:Originally posted by john tv

While editing this stuff,did anyone read the article in today's Globe that made reference to the new owners of Liverpool, a couple of Canadians, who went to a game and said that they experienced something they never ever experienced in sports before making reference to the crowd and the singing.They were blown away.Aup we will have that magic coming to Toronto big time and I wonder how the media will react to that one and the Star in particular.BTW,the publisher of the Globe is a big soccer fan.I guess that helps a lot and shows as well!

I didn't see that article but it sounds a lot like this one:

quote:NHL, new Reds owners awed by atmosphere at Liverpool match

Email story

Mar 07, 2007 11:17 AM

LIVERPOOL, England (CP-AP) – Liverpool has one-upped the Montreal Canadiens, it appears.

George Gillett Jr., who owns both teams, says he was amazed by the atmosphere at Liverpool's Champions League game against visiting Barcelona.

For Gillett and fellow American owner Tom Hicks, it didn't matter that Liverpool lost 1-0 Tuesday.

The Reds still knocked defending champion FC Barcelona out on away goals, sparking passionate celebrations among the 40,000 home fans at Anfield stadium.

"That was like nothing I have ever heard or felt," said Gillett.

Toronto Star link

I didn't see that article but it sounds a lot like this one:

quote:NHL, new Reds owners awed by atmosphere at Liverpool match

Email story

Mar 07, 2007 11:17 AM

LIVERPOOL, England (CP-AP) – Liverpool has one-upped the Montreal Canadiens, it appears.

George Gillett Jr., who owns both teams, says he was amazed by the atmosphere at Liverpool's Champions League game against visiting Barcelona.

For Gillett and fellow American owner Tom Hicks, it didn't matter that Liverpool lost 1-0 Tuesday.

The Reds still knocked defending champion FC Barcelona out on away goals, sparking passionate celebrations among the 40,000 home fans at Anfield stadium.

"That was like nothing I have ever heard or felt," said Gillett.

Toronto Star link

Does not matter were they are from as long as these movers and shakers in the N.A sporting world finally experience what we have been kept away from for decades.I guess the media maybe a little scared to see this happening here at home. As I said i wonder how they will react since we will be bringing an atmosphere to that stadium that cannot be equaled by any other sport.

I sure whish that Norm Da Costa was back. It is a huge mess the soccer coverage at The Star that is!

I sure whish that Norm Da Costa was back. It is a huge mess the soccer coverage at The Star that is!

John, Norm Da Costa was a hack. He consistently had incorrect facts and used direct quotes instead of proper paraphrasing when it was obvious that he was not writting or recording the complete quote. As an example he always used the word "as" to paraphrase individuals. "I thought we did well in the second half as the other team lost some steam" or "it was close as we gave them too many chances". Meanwhile the real quote is probably something like "I thought we did well in the second half, the other team seemed to lose some steam.." so if you paraphrase it should look like "I thought we did well in the second half, (as) the other team seemed to lose some steam..". I have met few people that speak the way all of Norms' interviewees apparently did. And yes, this annoyed the **** out of me for some reason...

I PREFER NORM OVER ALL THAT IGNORANCE AND IF HE HAD SOME PROBLEMS WITH MISSPELLINGS BY GOD IT'S A LOT BETTER AGAIN THAN NOTHING. NORM HAD THE PULSE OF CANADIAN SOCCER AND ANYTIME I HAD A STORY IT WAS IN THE PAPER. NOW A BIG FAT NOTHING AND THE EXCUSE I PRESUME IS SPACE.WE NEED A QUALIFIED SOCCER WRITER WHO IS IN CONTACT WITH THE SOCCER PEOPLE AND NOT ONE WHO LIKE CT IS A GHOST. I SPENT SOME TIME SPEAKING TO SOCCER PEOPLE TODAY AND NOT ONE OF THEM KNOWS WHAT KELLY LOOKS LIKE AND ONLY ONE MET THE GUY AND THOUGHT HE WAS A SOB.THE STAR IS IN A MESS AS FAR AS SOCCER REPORTING IS CONCERNED AND IT HAD BEEN SINCE NORM WAS KICKED TO THE NIGHT DESK.YES HE IS STILL THERE AND YES IF I HAVE A STORY IT APPEARS AND YES I MAY EVEN CRITISIZE HIM BUT HE ALWAYS CAME THROUGH.NOW A BIG FAT NOTHING, NOT EVEN SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT AS FAR AS GRAMMAR,SPELLING OR STORY IS CONCERNED.

WE ALL SHOULD WRITE OR PHONE THE STAR AND DEMAND A QUALIFIED SOCCER WRITER WHO IS IN CONTACT WITH OUR SOCCER COMMUNITY AND IS CONCERNED, SETS UP CONTACTS AND CREATES COME CREDIBILITY.WE ARE GETTING SCREWED SOFAR AND THAT APPLIES TO ANYTHING IN LOCAL.TFC AND CANADIAN SOCCER AND NOW EVEN THE EUROPEAN CUP. WHEN THERE WAS A SOCCER ARTICLE IT WAS SPREAD OUT AMONG FOUR WRITERS,NOTHING CONSISTANT AT ALL .

SO NO 75 WHAT DO YOU PREFER,NOTHING OR NORM?

I know this is a soccer forum, but can I tell a quick story about toothpaste?

My toothpaste is really important to me. Not everything about it, mind you, but just how it whitens my teeth. I'm not too concerned about fresh breath or tartar-control, but just how it whitens my teeth. And the brand I use sucks at whitening my teeth. I know there are other brands out there. But my brand is the most popular, so I'm going to stick with it, despite the fact that it doesn't whiten my teeth. I've written e-mails to the big toothpaste company, posted messages on toothpaste message boards, accosted toothpaste company executives at toothpaste industry functions, but my teeth aren't getting any whiter. And it really makes me mad. I just wish there was some way to solve this problem before I go insane.

Another great article in the Globe by Larry Millson from Bradenton,Fla.in a lenghty interview with our coach Johnston, as well as an article about the Uefa cup.Star effen zilch.Massive nothing I am talking about the Star only,get it!

quote:Originally posted by marktci

I know this is a soccer forum, but can I tell a quick story about toothpaste?

My toothpaste is really important to me. Not everything about it, mind you, but just how it whitens my teeth. I'm not too concerned about fresh breath or tartar-control, but just how it whitens my teeth. And the brand I use sucks at whitening my teeth. I know there are other brands out there. But my brand is the most popular, so I'm going to stick with it, despite the fact that it doesn't whiten my teeth. I've written e-mails to the big toothpaste company, posted messages on toothpaste message boards, accosted toothpaste company executives at toothpaste industry functions, but my teeth aren't getting any whiter. And it really makes me mad. I just wish there was some way to solve this problem before I go insane.

OBVIOUSLY YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT CANADIAN SOCCER,WHAT A SHAME.

IF YOU LOVED SOCCER THEN YOUR TOOTHPASTE WOULD MAKE YOUR TEETH WHITE.

Because the CSA and other commited sponsors have an alotment of tickets already reserved (1,000 me thinks) so that'll only leave a few thousand for mini-packages and walk up.

Allowing for a small number of tickets for walk-up creates an increased sense of value, inflated value at that, which only helps the sale of the product.

Not exactly origional, but a very good marketing ploy.

Geezus ****, you know MLS must just going bananas over the maiden success TFC is enjoying. Absolutely bananas.

Double Geezus ****, you know the CSA must be going bonkers over the maiden success TFC is enjoying. Those are all potential NT supporters buying season passes. And even if they're not, the CSA still collects a head tax on each and every one of them (if I recall the venue management deal correctly) for each and every match they purchase tickets for.

Sweet.

quote:Originally posted by Mighty_TorontoFC

New York Red Bulls must be jealous as hell seeing the effort being

done by Toronto FC and Mo Johnson. RED Bulls fired Mo last season,

well done RED Bulls, any talented keepers you want to fire!!!:)

The Red Bulls have been the biggest joke in MLS since day 1. But TFC hasn't played a game yet. Plus Toronto has a history of not being able to sustain attendances beyond the "honeymoon period". Well... except when it comes to hockey of course. But remember the post-SkyDome honeymoon and post-Raptors honeymoon? Yup, you can't say MLS is a hit in Toronto until 3-4 years from now.

Can't toot your own horn just yet, T.O. :D

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Plus Toronto has a history of not being able to sustain attendances beyond the "honeymoon period". Well... except when it comes to hockey of course. But remember the post-SkyDome honeymoon and post-Raptors honeymoon?

Baseball in general is in decline in Canada, but the Raptors have consistently been in the top half of the NBA's average attendance despite having a piss poor team for the past 5 years (until this season).

Archived