Canada v Spain Predictions

Paddy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by The Ref

Interesting to see that so far nobody predicts a Canadian win. I guess that is a reflection of how much confidence Yallop gives. I joing the group and predict a 4-0 win for Spain.

For me it's the huge gap between the quality of players each country has at its disposal that makes me think it's going to be one-sided, not Yallop.

I think Yallop is doing a good job. it doesnt matter who your coach is....just look at those rosters!

2-1 Spain, with McKenna getting another consolation goal.

This has nothing to do with the confidence with Yallop. This is SPAIN, not

Honduras,nor Millwall. Yallop has to prepare with what he has for 2008 WCQ,

so I'm not surprised too much with his selection of a young-ish team.

quote:Originally posted by The Ref

Interesting to see that so far nobody predicts a Canadian win. I guess that is a reflection of how much confidence Yallop gives. I joing the group and predict a 4-0 win for Spain.

It's got nothing to do with Frank. It has everything to do with the quality of our available players also factoring in their club/career commitments.

db

more wishful thinking then a predication 1-1 Dero scores offa peters cross.

I keep thinking of Bosnia vs Spain in qualifacation, spain did outplay them by a mile (25 corners) but it was 1 - 0 for bosna till 96 minutes had been played, injury time equalizer and spain was left with a point (which made my day as a SCG supporter (when Canada's out)). Spain will probably own us but if they play like they've been playing in qualifying they'll have worse luck then us.

I like how yallop mostly gave up on impact as nationals, their players with potential but for a game today, being a player in USL your just simply outclassed in the national level. Ali Gerba was a good keep, bad luck but nice game in gold cup, grande was allright, worth another chance, the disappointment for me was Braz, had a couple good moments but that punk dive bugged me and he's just not up to par yet. Sutton'll be missed.

I think I can see a 3-nil scoreline.

Clearly this match is being treated as just another friendly by Frankie, and hopefully the Spanish side will do the same. They'll be content to coast unless absolutely necessary and will likely cap it off latter in the match.

Their next match is on Wednesday, no? That's about our only advantage.

This contest is now about individual performances and chemistry, not results. (Gawd, I sound like Yallop there.) If we net one I'll call it a victory.

Without Jason Jordan we don't have a hope in hell of scoring a goal. Radzinski can only score against the likes of Belize, while de Rosario has also proven time after time that he is not an international striker. I don't think Frank has the balls to take a chance and put J.J. in there, he justy keeps going with the old unreliable when they make themselves available. He is also scared to stick with either North American or European based players. Frank will never be successful with the Canadian National Team.

OK, a serious prediction: A surprisingly close game, 1-1 at the half (McKenna scoring for Canada). Second half Spain makes some subs, scores early in the half, and then adds two more late in the game, with Canada pressing for the equalizer. Final Spain 4, Canada 1, but most observers felt Canada deserved better.

Guest Jeffery S.

Like many here, if we get a good start and can control a bit the key moments of the game (end and starts of halfs, period just after goals), which are quite poor at lately, we might find ourselves close at the half. Maybe 1-1.

I would expect the sheer speed of Spain's attack will eventually take it's toll, so 3-1 would be good and 4-1 or worse (5-1, 4-0) a bit disappointing.

An early goal would be fun for us, at least we'd force them to sweat, work and fret, and I'll get to see the fans nervous.

Archived