Radzinski hurt, Biello to replace him for WCQ

Massive Attack

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Daniel

I thought Brillant was more of a defender...

New England seems to bring him on wide right quite often (like tonight he came on for Kamler) and has played him up front (with Dempsey when Twellman and Noonan were out). Regardless he seems versatile and the goal he scored this year was well taken. Man, I just want him cap-tied before someone else comes in for him (Goodness knows he may be eligible for Haiti or someone).

Long Fly to Vancouver + 8/9 hours jet lag = born of injuries, true or not... When will the CSA understand that ?????????????????????????

Sad Radzinski doesn't come, happy... he's the only one to do that as the players in Kingston all said there were more motivated by playing in the east

I'm totally confident in Otto to start

Less in our offensive bench if we need to score and have problems : np solutions

Biello ? Forget it !

Crap, this does suck. But we can still do this. Pesch and deRo share one striker spot. I'd start deRo if he feels OK, than let him run 'till he's out of gas, he won't last 90, then Pesch can take over. We still have lots of talent. Occean, Serioux, de Guzman, Simpson, Stalteri, de Vos - look for de Vos to come up for deep throw-ins now. We got a huge thrower now, we've never had a decent one before, and out of nowhere we have a huge thrower. I think we're going to see a lot more of Peters too. We're thin up front, what about bringing in Friend for cover. I'd put him on the bench if it was up to me.

I still wish Radz was there. Damn, next time I'll just go to bed.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

WHAT THE F*CK????? I've seen this ONE too many times with Radz. Until I get confirmation that he's *truly* injured I'll file this in "excuse not to fly to Vancouver to play (pffffff) Guatemala".

Couple it with his declaration to Matthias Van Halst of impactsoccer.com that he expected to participate in maybe 8-10 WCQ...

I agree, something smells fishy here.

From Fulham's Web site:

"I was happy with the new guys," [coach Chris Coleman] said. "Tomasz Radzinski is not fit and picked up a calf strain which will probably keep him out of the international game in midweek. We had to bring him off after 80 minutes - but that was ten minutes more than he played last week against Feyenoord.

Sky falling? Don't forget that this is a pretty offensive team,

as Stalteri and De Guzman can play striker if not offensive mid.

Occean is no slouch, nor is De Rosario.

I'm not sure about Biello, but I wouldn't take in Corrazin or Xausa

instead. It's a wait and see and going to be some anxious football.

It's not like Yallop is getting Watson to play striker ... :)

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Oh, boy.

De Rosario has a flu, and Radz. just pulled up lame. We've lost our 1st two strikers and McKenna's still limping. Wonderful. The face of our attack has completely changed practicaly overnight. And not for the better.

This is just fu'king wonderful.

Now what?

Yea but De Rosario should be ok for the Guatemala game

quote:Originally posted by snake

i think that oliver occean is more than capable of stepping in for radzinski.should be interesting,will peters play?xausa would have been a better choice than biello.

If you didn't get a chance to catch SoccerCentral yesterday(Saturday), Yallop had an interview with Dobson and Forrest, and he did mention that Peters will play and so will Simpson against the Guats. I could see Peters coming in around the 89th minute though, just so he's capped.

Well the CSA would have to pay for a full-fare ticket, so a player from Europe on short notice is just not going to happen. Unless they could get him to go stand-by; you know, show up at the airport first thing in the morning and sit there for 15 hours hoping there'll be a cancellation.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

It's bad enough that Radzinski won't be there, but why oh why replace him with Biello?

I think I'd rather have Corazzin as a replacement striker. And that's saying something.

Well, this is this the first time have visited this board since friday. This is very bad news obvigiously. But I have to concure about Biello. Why oh why Biello!!!! there isn't anyone better than Biello?

Archived