Radzinski hurt, Biello to replace him for WCQ

Massive Attack

In defence of canso's 4-5-1 idea, a 4-5-1 is not necessarly a defensive formation. It can be ultra-defensive, but it can be an attacking formation too. It all depends on what you do with your 5 midfielders. The difference is really style of attack.

That being said, with Canada's glut of talented strikers, I think we're better off going with a 4-4-2 even with Radzinski and McKenna hurt, Hume suspended and DeRosario possibly less than 100%. If DeRo isn't 100%, I'd start Occean and Pesch and save DeRo for the last 30 minutes if we need a goal at that point. OO can play the Kevin McKenna target man role but he'll need Pesch's help creating space for him or it'll be too easy for the Guat defenders to double up on him and take him out of the match.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is Bizzare indeed. Why call up a mid fielder for the loss of a top striker outritely? I could understand this move if the replacment was Jim Brennan, but not this.

Calling up Biello, thats fine, if at least you call up some cover at the striker position as well. Somone like Xausa, Friend, Corrazin etc...

It would be interesting if Yallop was a bit calculating and offered a call up to Dylan Hughes.

This is Bizzare indeed. Why call up a mid fielder for the loss of a top striker outritely? I could understand this move if the replacment was Jim Brennan, but not this.

Calling up Biello, thats fine, if at least you call up some cover at the striker position as well. Somone like Xausa, Friend, Corrazin etc...

It would be interesting if Yallop was a bit calculating and offered a call up to Dylan Hughes.

I just came across the Nsaliwa bit in this thread and let me add my name to those 'puzzled' by his omission from the squad. Biello has had his opportunities in the past and there is no way you can convince me that he should be on that squad over Tam.

This is what Fulham Manager said. note the part about Radz.

Im not too worried about it right now. I think Radz has finally realized that he has missed out on one thing and thats playing for your country in the world cup.

----------------------

A strong second half performance from Fulham was enough to earn a draw against Manchester City on Saturday. The Whites fell behind to a first half Robbie Fowler strike as City enjoyed the better of the first 45 minutes.

However, following a few choice words from Chris Coleman at half time, Fulham came out much the stronger and equalised through Collins John.

It was very much a stereotypical game of two halves, as Coleman admitted after the match:

"We were very poor in that first half. We didn't ask them any questions in attack, we were second to everything in midfield and we looked shaky at the back. All in all I was just pleased to get them off at the break only one down, we were lucky it wasn't more."

He added, "We had a chat at half time and picked up the pace a little in the second half. Collins scored a good goal. Then when we brought Brian McBride on and changed the shape a little bit - we looked more positive. Overall, one-all was a good result for us and a fair refection of the game.

"I know it takes a bit of time to get going but we can't afford to start games like that. Every game is tough in the Premiership. If we want to better, or at least equal what we did last season - we'll have to be a lot better than we were in the first half today. "

Coleman also handed debuts to Papa Bouba Diop, Tomasz Radzinski, Andrew Cole and Claus Jensen.

"I was happy with the new guys," he said. "Tomasz Radzinski is not fit and picked up a calf strain which will probably keep him out of the international game in midweek. We had to bring him off after 80 minutes - but that was ten minutes more than he played last week against Feyenoord.

"Claus Jenson is also getting there with his fitness. He showed some nice touches in the second half. He had a good chance and possibly when he's fully fit, he would have put that away.

"But we're not making excuses. We signed two or three players in late pre-season and they hadn't been doing a lot of work where they were so their fitness levels aren't great yet. They're getting there and there's nothing like playing in the real thing."

Archived