Match Thread: April 14, 2024 - Vancouver FC v Valour

4-1 final

heavy loss here and away games coming against pacific forge ottawa who won their home openers...gotta wonder if dos santos will still be around at valours home opener june 2nd

43 minutes ago, jonovision said:

The Greek defender is yikes. Vancouver has the worst roster in the league, Valour aside. Long season incoming.

Valour spent a lot of effort rebuilding their defense.  Unfortunately Chantzopoulos has Valour fans missing Cela and Pianelli.

20 minutes ago, Big_M said:

4-1 final

heavy loss here and away games coming against pacific forge ottawa who won their home openers...gotta wonder if dos santos will still be around at valours home opener june 2nd

Zero chance Wade Miller will pay for two coaches this season. PDS gets the year.

16 minutes ago, K Edgar said:

Valour spent a lot of effort rebuilding their defense.  Unfortunately Chantzopoulos has Valour fans missing Cela and Pianelli.

Willing to wait and see what it looks like when the other Greek fella is healthy.

Enjoyed that today. Perfect weather, perfect temperature. Great result. Stadium half full, starting to show signs of life though.

Good choice to prioritize filing up the east stand for visual purposes on the broadcast (will be brutal though in full sun wirh zero shade as it gets closer to summer).

Great second half on the pitch, Langley with a deep bench even missing three to injury. The reboot is promising.

17 minutes ago, nolando said:

Enjoyed that today. Perfect weather, perfect temperature. Great result. Stadium half full, starting to show signs of life though.

Good choice to prioritize filing up the east stand for visual purposes on the broadcast (will be brutal though in full sun wirh zero shade as it gets closer to summer).

Great second half on the pitch, Langley with a deep bench even missing three to injury. The reboot is promising.

This deep into the Valour experience, reports of fans of other teams having a nice time enjoying a win just makes me angry. Valour doesn't even have to be involved for this to happen.

Had a great time out there today. I haven't seen the highlights or replays, but I thought Vancouver was really good. A win helps put butts in seats, a big win does one better, but a big win they played well to earn takes the cake. I thought the atmosphere was good, and that is a promising crowd. 

Granted we were at the park, but I saw lots of team gear. 

30 minutes ago, nolando said:

I'm not sure they did.  We bought tickets for the east stand (four people) and got upgraded to the west stand. Much better seats actually.  So perhaps this is just a coincidence.