Canadians Abroad December 8th to December 14th

jordan

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

Cheers, I don't know much about the Scottish Pyramid, but that seems like a fairly low level then?

6th tier, he would be training with Kilmarnock, still available for reserves and youth. Loan goes to January, could be looking to get him to a league 1/2 side then. They have another player loaned out to Alloa who’s 18.

Tom McGill on the bench for Brighton vs. marseille

I’ve always wondered why teams name two keepers to their bench. If you’re unlucky enough to have to make two keeper changes in a game… haven’t you pretty much already lost? I’d save the bench spot and give whoever my most athletic bench player is the goalie gloves and tell him to do his best. 

1 minute ago, InglewoodJack said:

Tom McGill on the bench for Brighton vs. marseille

I’ve always wondered why teams name two keepers to their bench. If you’re unlucky enough to have to make two keeper changes in a game… haven’t you pretty much already lost? I’d save the bench spot and give whoever my most athletic bench player is the goalie gloves and tell him to do his best. 

I think it's a rule for these tournaments with extended rosters that you have 2 keepers on the bench 

1 hour ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Europa League

Borjan starts for Slovan Bratislava vs Olimpija. 

Buchanan on the bench for Club Brugge vs Bodo / Glimt.

David not in the lineup for Lille vs Ki.

Europa Conference League

Lower level, probably explains why David and Buchanan are getting a rest.

Edited by johnyb

4 minutes ago, narduch said:

I think it's a rule for these tournaments with extended rosters that you have 2 keepers on the bench 

Yeah, as I wrote that I realized that I think there’s some rule about that with cup tournaments. Still though, I don’t see what your third best keeper could do to keep you in a game that an outfield player with the keeper’s shirt on couldn’t do, especially if you’re so unlucky that you have two in game keeper injuries or you somehow have to pull two goalies for performance. 

Think my thoughts are mostly based on me wanting to see more outfield players pull a Giroud and take a turn in net. 

4 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Bit of a silly foul to take considering the stake were not that high. 

Score was 1-1, looks like Olimpija was on a 3-0 breakaway, I guess I see why he would’ve done that, but Bratislava had already secured their pass to the next round, so yeah, not the savviest red, but very much a Borjan signature. Happened at minute ‘54- not far off from when Borjan starts his typical antics. 

1 minute ago, InglewoodJack said:

Score was 1-1, looks like Olimpija was on a 3-0 breakaway, I guess I see why he would’ve done that, but Bratislava had already secured their pass to the next round, so yeah, not the savviest red, but very much a Borjan signature. Happened at minute ‘54- not far off from when Borjan starts his typical antics. 

Yeah, they could have caught Lille and avoided the next round (and teams like Ajax, Real Betis and Olympiakos etc.) but not worth it to miss the next game.

15 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Not sure what you are seeing. It is barely a 2v2 with a ball goin away from goal. Was a horrible decision and missed the ball by about 10 feet.

30 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Not sure what you are seeing. It is barely a 2v2 with a ball goin away from goal. Was a horrible decision and missed the ball by about 10 feet.

Think I watched too quickly from a bad angle- thought the two other players in front were also on the break, but I think those are Bratislava’s CBs.

• jordan unpinned this topic