Match Thread: May 13, 2023 - Vancouver FC v Atletico Ottawa

No Romeo today after his red card last weekend. Expecting to see Bakare and Pele in between Canadians Chung and Tyler Crawford. Will TJ see more playing time? 

Real hot out there (still close to 30) ...bit of a test for the viability of VFC's black kits moving forward.

Has to be said, especially in a league where the majority of the teams play on artificial turf, the field in Vancouver looks fantastic compared to THF or IGF or OTTAWA where the gridiron shadows pollute the surface in a way the rugby lines... don't. 

Not an unimportant factor to my mind.

P.S.  Pacific has its own issues.  They don't escape criticism.

5-0. Looked like five Ottawa players in the Vancouver box and only two defenders. They're playing very poorly, mind I've only been watching from the half.

Edited by RJB

1 hour ago, Big_M said:

looks empty on the side facing the camera and behind the goal...what is going on?? how many season tickets were sold??

This ^ Beautiful Saturday evening before school is out for summer and people are away.

Very bad sign.

Not watching game, only scoreline. Have to say this is more or less how I saw the season unfolding and up to now have been surprised. Backline too young, inexperienced. And likely little if any previous synergy amongst any of the squad members.

1 hour ago, RJB said:

Players actually look like they aren't trying.  On the fourth goal, they were just awful and the fifth goal wasn't much better.  They've given up. 

They looked much better with ten men last week than today with eleven. Zero creative ideas, zero impetus.

2 hours ago, Big_M said:

down 0-3...tons of empty seats...disastrous night in langley

The east stand was always going to be empty given it's staring directly at the sun on a 32 degree day. It's a shame that it's the only view the camera sees. Although today the whole stadium was between 1/4 and 1/3 full, so I'm not sure any camera angle would have been flattering.

3 hours ago, Soccerpro2 said:

This ^ Beautiful Saturday evening before school is out for summer and people are away.

Very bad sign.

People aren't away.  This isn't the long weekend.  People who had tickets might have opted not to go because of the weather, but they weren't away.

1 hour ago, nolando said:

The east stand was always going to be empty given it's staring directly at the sun on a 32 degree day. It's a shame that it's the only view the camera sees. Although today the whole stadium was between 1/4 and 1/3 full, so I'm not sure any camera angle would have been flattering.

So, before others ask: Are you saying your estimate of people in attendance was 1500-2000?  Were the east stands empty because the people were standing elsewhere?  Or just not sold/no shows?

1 hour ago, Watchmen said:

So, before others ask: Are you saying your estimate of people in attendance was 1500-2000?  Were the east stands empty because the people were standing elsewhere?  Or just not sold/no shows?

Estimated actual attendance.