World Cup Preliminary Rosters

14 minutes ago, narduch said:

Saudi Arabia named only 32 players.

Huh. I must have misread the FIFA release a while back as a 35-player minimum, but that was just the old maximum.

Either way, I don't get why teams wouldn't give themselves the most flexibility and name 55 players to their preliminary squads. Seems short-sighted.

EDIT: I'm not alone in making that mistake, as Reuters also states a 35-player minimum.

Edited by RS

9 minutes ago, RS said:

Huh. I must have misread the FIFA release a while back as a 35-player minimum, but that was just the old maximum.

Either way, I don't get why teams wouldn't give themselves the most flexibility and name 55 players to their preliminary squads. Seems short-sighted.

EDIT: I'm not alone in making that mistake, as Reuters also states a 35-player minimum.

I read the 35 minimum too. So I am equally confused. 

I don't think these lists have to publicized so perhaps those are the only 32 names they are releasing publicly.

Argies preliminary roster

Rulli.  Real Sociedad

Dibu. A Villa

Musso Atalanta

Armani.  River Plate

Romero.  Tottenham

Molina.  Atlético Madrid

Montiel. Sevilla

Scenesi. Bournemouth

Lisandro Man U

Foyth. Villareal

Tagliafico Lyon

Acuña Sevilla

G.Cuarta Fiorentina

Otamendi Benéfica

Pezzella  Betis

Nehuen. Udinese

MacAllister B. Hove Albion

De Paul.  A Madrid

A Correa   A Madrid

Pápu.  Sevilla

Messi PSG

Dybala Roma

Buendia A.Villa

Enzo Fernández Benfica

Paredes Juventus

Di Maria Juventus

Guido R.  Betis

Exequiel B Leverk

LoCelso Villarreal

Nico G.  Fiorentina

Alario B leverkusen

Alvarez Man City

Lautaro Ínter

J. Correa Ínter

Simeone Napoli

Athletic provided an overview of the provisional squads.

It is min 35 with at least 4 keepers. Up to 55 can be listed + names of 70 officials/staff coming to Qatar. I have read FIFA will pay costs for 50 officials/staff per nation. This week’s deadline is essentially for FIFA and its planning and administrative purposes.

FIFA will not make lists public. It is expected most of the 32 associations will keep it private. England will not be publishing or informing the included players. US & Canada are expected to take same approach.

Focus is on 26 for Nov 14 by 1300 ET. Players selected have to be on provisional squad list. Otherwise, exemptions need to be requested.

Associations are expected to announce their 26 before the 14th. England will be the 10th while US will be the 9th.

Player release date is the 14th which is when FIFA will began comping clubs US$10k/day for using the 832 players.

https://theathletic.com/3705334/2022/10/20/world-cup-squads-provisional-explained/?source=ukdfb&campaign=711528

Edited by red card