Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Semi-final - Toronto FC vs. CF Montreal - June 22, 2022

There might be some value still in bringing Piette to the World Cup if we need a pure ball winner in the trenches but boy oh boy do I hope we don't have to rely on him to launch our attacks - I lost count how many diagonal balls he over-hit by several hectares. While Kone was occasionally caught out of position on TFC attacks, he was miles better than Piette with the ball, and the mistakes he made are the type that can be eliminated with experience. Still, Montreal badly missed Mihailovic.

Pantemis's stock for making the roster also took a fall after this one, that 3rd goal backwards punch towards his own goal was brutal.

As for TFC, I thought that was Priso's best game of the season, even better since he wasn't supposed to start.

Anyone know who broke Okello's legs? There was a huge deal about JMR being out 8 to 10 weeks with his injury, which proved to be the case, but nothing has been said about Okello who has been out even longer and still doesn't appear to be back in training. It's like his injury is an official secret being guarded by CSIS or something.

Edited by Gian-Luca

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

Anyone know who broke Okello's legs? There was a huge deal about JMR being out 8 to 10 weeks with his injury, which proved to be the case, but nothing has been said about Okello who has been out even longer and still doesn't appear to be back in training. It's like his injury is an official secret being guarded by CSIS or something.

Okello? (I blame Trudeau)

Sort of the opposite of our last league game against NYRB - this time we gave up the majority of possession but scored more goals.

I know Montreal didn't field a full line up, but that's on them.  Another win in the rivalry, especially in the Canadian Championship, feels good.