Sydney Leroux’s mother says abuse and bullying in Canadian soccer drove daughter to US - Guardian

Califax

• 1 month later...

This is not just one girl complaining...there been allegations and systemic abuse on various girls.

'The sickest thing': Canadian soccer rocked by claims of systemic abuse | Women's football | The Guardian

It's nothing to do with money and everything to do with respect and integrity which they failed.  As for "That bit in that game in Toronto was one of the most classless things I've seen in the women's game."  Yeah just like any other normal person venting out his/her anger at the abuser.

‘They are protecting the club not girls’: More abuse claims hit North American soccer | Football | The Guardian

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2022 at 11:32 AM, Jedi Ram said:

This is not just one girl complaining...there been allegations and systemic abuse on various girls.

'The sickest thing': Canadian soccer rocked by claims of systemic abuse | Women's football | The Guardian

It's nothing to do with money and everything to do with respect and integrity which they failed.  As for "That bit in that game in Toronto was one of the most classless things I've seen in the women's game."  Yeah just like any other normal person venting out his/her anger at the abuser.

‘They are protecting the club not girls’: More abuse claims hit North American soccer | Football | The Guardian

I think it's likely true that Birarda either bullied her or simply creeped her the fuck out.

He's pleading guilty to charges:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/birarda-guilty-sexual-assault-soccer-1.6343845

-----

On 11/19/2021 at 3:22 PM, Califax said:
On 11/20/2021 at 12:03 AM, SthMelbRed said:

Sounds like some seriously opportunistic, revisionist history to me.

Yes, Leroux has thrown around baseless accusations of racism and yes, she has been arrogant and yes, I don't like her as a person or for her switch to the USA; however, all of those things don't make her &/or her mother liars about a man who is pleading guilty to sexual assault.

Just because Bob Birarda is a piece of shit, and is rightly going to prison, that doesn't give the Leroux's free reign to make shit up. Her decision to represent the USA was hers to make. She made it, then had a decade to make whatever claims against Birarda, or whomever else, as she was safely outside the system. She wasn't afraid to throw around baseless claims of racism against Canadian supporters, so I don't buy that she was afraid or intimidated into silence on the issue. This looks like a family that's trying to justify their past opportunism by jumping on the bandwagon of something that likely had nothing to do with them. 

• 2 weeks later...