MLS Match Updates and Talk 2021

Big_M

Nelson looks lost at where he should be in this game.

Its a complete contrast in how Shaffelburg was almost told to be glued to the line, and he’s told to stay tucked in to allow Auro space. But he moving like he doesn’t know what runs he has to make. 

It’s great to see Osorio on the pitch.  I expect that TFC is going to immediately look better.

Whenever I see Mullins and Deleon out there I always think it’s wasted minutes.

I don’t think either are actually better than our young Canadian players and they also don’t add any excitement either.  They’re just average journeyman MLS players.  

1 hour ago, baulderdash77 said:

It’s great to see Osorio on the pitch.  I expect that TFC is going to immediately look better.

Whenever I see Mullins and Deleon out there I always think it’s wasted minutes.

I don’t think either are actually better than our young Canadian players and they also don’t add any excitement either.  They’re just average journeyman MLS players.  

Other than the flick-on header which did contribute to the goal I don't recall Mullins doing anything. When Achara comes back I suspect he might be 4th choice in that role on the rare occasions when Altidore & Akinola are both healthy. I would rather give the minutes to Peruzza.

As for De Leon, I thought he played better than Caldwell suggested in his commentary as he is not really a #10, but I was annoyed with him being another veteran player with a really stupid foul to giveaway outside the 18 yard box.

Osorio's goal is probably going to be featured in year-end blooper/mis-plays of the year highlight reels.