MLS Match Updates and Talk 2021

Big_M

everyone in...keeper in...corner...no...and its all over...orlando takes it...gallese with two big saves right at the end...gotta turn it around armas gotta find the solutions or could miss playoffs

I really can't understand why Armos wouldn't play Laryea further up on the right and move Auro into his natural RB position, if he is still in love with Mark, don't call me Marky Delgado he can play him beside Bradley although I would much prefer Priso there!

6 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Bradley looks lost out there.  Gave up the ball 3 times in the span of 30 seconds.

Yes, I was going to post that then he pulls off a great move to start a play and almost finishes it off, it doesn't take away from the fact that he looked gassed for at least the last 10 minutes of the match and was mostly a liability! Poz makes a huge difference so I think after the break TFC should be a better team!

Bradley perhaps should have been subbed off late as he was exhausted but he wasn't really the problem with this one. I will give Armas credit for not being so stubborn as to not admit that he made huge mistakes by playing players out of position (which he effectively did by making the switches in personnel when it was done 2-0) but it was his silly "WTF" experimenting (if we can call it that) basically cost them the 2-0 deficit and ultimately the game. They were by far the better team in the 2nd half but still not enough.

That first goal TFC gave up was criminally poor, I've never seen a team with so many players that high up the pitch when the score is 0-0 11 minutes in - basically everyone in or just outside the Columbus box, as though it was critical they had to score on that exact corner. I'm surprised they didn't ask Bono to go into the 18 yard box to win a header on the corner while they at it. It never even should have been a corner because De Leon took half an hour to try to cross the ball, it should have been in the back of the Columbus net.

On 5/29/2021 at 2:16 PM, Gian-Luca said:

That first goal TFC gave up was criminally poor, I've never seen a team with so many players that high up the pitch when the score is 0-0 11 minutes in - basically everyone in or just outside the Columbus box, as though it was critical they had to score on that exact corner. 

San Jose conceding to Vancouver in the 22nd minute at MiB last year.

• 3 weeks later...