Match Thread: Island Games - September 5, 2020 - Cavalry v York 9

narduch

God I would love to knock out Cavalry. Sadly we have a horrible record against them. Think they are the only team we've failed to beat so far since the inaugural season. They have such an effective playing style. It's horrible to watch and have the antics that everyone hates but that's why they are amongst the best in the league. That's the kind of things that wins you games and championships.

Thoughts on the game (finally got to watch it on replay, couldn’t watch it live).

I hope that wasn’t a career ending injury for Oliver! I didn’t understand what the big deal was until I focused in on that leg more from one of the angles. Youch!

I agree with @Ingham that there were parts of this game when we were actually creating some offence from the run of play, which was nice to see.

The injury time goals conceded or that lack of offensive dynamism are the 2 things you can point to why York 9 is done now. Had we done better on either of those and we are through.

Ingham (the keeper, not the forum member) needs to work on pushing rebounds wide. He seems to spill a fair number of rebounds right in front of the net. I am no keeper so I don’t know what it’s like, but some guys are a lot better at that.

Edited by Kent