2020 Voyageurs Cup Format

The circumstances were dire back then and COVID made it virtually impossible to move forward with the match. Bontis delivered what he promised two years ago, so kudos to him and being able to negotiate this. Plus, the CSA has legal and commercial obligations to sponsors, broadcasters and partners. So this game is being played for more reasons than just pitting a CPL and MLS club against one another.  Although, the QEW rivalry should be hugely entertaining to watch. I hope TFC fans come to Tim Hortons Field and create a wonderful footballing atmosphere. This is more of what we need in Canada to keep building the sport. Our club competitions must continue to grow to match the resurgence of the MNT. I also heard that the agreement that took place two years ago forces both teams to field their best rosters available.

On 3/10/2022 at 9:16 AM, scooterlawrence5 said:

The circumstances were dire back then and COVID made it virtually impossible to move forward with the match. Bontis delivered what he promised two years ago, so kudos to him and being able to negotiate this. Plus, the CSA has legal and commercial obligations to sponsors, broadcasters and partners. So this game is being played for more reasons than just pitting a CPL and MLS club against one another.  Although, the QEW rivalry should be hugely entertaining to watch. I hope TFC fans come to Tim Hortons Field and create a wonderful footballing atmosphere. This is more of what we need in Canada to keep building the sport. Our club competitions must continue to grow to match the resurgence of the MNT. I also heard that the agreement that took place two years ago forces both teams to field their best rosters available.

It is being played during the international break so not sure the lineups will look, there are Nation's League matches the night before including Canada. 

I'm torn between the comical nature of playing an old final - players can win a 2020 title have not been on the team in 2020! - and the fact that these two teams will get attention. And a CPL team will win this trophy with enough chances, so every shot is closer still.

On 3/14/2022 at 2:24 PM, narduch said:

TFC season ticket holders were sent a pre-sale email for this today.

Some were ... some didn't seem to get it.

Which is fine ... if I do go, I wouldn't decide for weeks yet. I doubt there'll be ticket shortages. 

I'd like to see the Nations League schedule for #CANMNT first.

37 minutes ago, nfitz said:

Some were ... some didn't seem to get it.

Which is fine ... if I do go, I wouldn't decide for weeks yet. I doubt there'll be ticket shortages. 

I'd like to see the Nations League schedule for #CANMNT first.

I was kind of hoping for a 4pm start time 

1 hour ago, narduch said:

I was kind of hoping for a 4pm start time 

Yeah, just noticed that. 7 pm means a 10:13 pm departure from West Harbour. Won't be home until after midnight. So that means my 9-year old won't be there. Probably end up watching it with him on TV. Unless I drive ... and driving to Hamilton on a Saturday afternoon is seldom much fun from the east end. Google says 90 minutes.

• 2 months later...