Possible Roster for Cuba

Obinna

Just came out

CANADA SQUAD

Goalkeepers: Milan Borjan (Red Star Belgrade), Marco Carducci (Cavalry FC) and Maxime Crépeau (Vancouver Whitecaps)

Defenders: Derek Cornelius (Vancouver Whitecaps, Doneil Henry (Vancouver Whitecaps), Adam Straith (VfL Sportfreunde Lotte), Steven (Moreirense FC), Samuel Adekugbe (Vålerenga Fotball), Juan Córdova (CD Huachipato), Richie Laryea (Toronto FC) and Kamal Miller (Orlando City SC)

Midfielders: Liam Fraser (Toronto FC), Will Johnson (Orlando City SC), Mark-Anthony Kaye (Los Angeles FC), Jonathan Osorio (Toronto FC), Samuel Piette (Montreal Impact), Russell Teibert (Vancouver Whitecaps) and David Wotherspoon (St. Johnstone FC)

Forwards: Tesho Akindele (Orlando City SC), Lucas Cavallini (Puebla FC), Jonathan David (KAA Gent), Alphonso Davies (FC Bayern München) David Junior Hoilett (Cardiff City FC) and Cyle Larin (SV Zulte Waregem) morning 

On 8/15/2019 at 9:30 PM, Shway said:

FORWARDS (4):
Cavallini, David, Akindele, Larin

MIDFIELDERS (8):
Arfield, Kaye, Piette, Osorio, Hoilett, Davies, Millar, Tabla 

DEFENDERS (8):
Adekugbe, James, Henry, Cornelius, Miller, B-G, Laryea, Cordova

GOALKEEPERS (3):
Borjan, Crepeau, Carducci 

Overall I think my roster selection will be about 78% accurate.

I guessed right 😁

6 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

Just came out

CANADA SQUAD

Goalkeepers: Milan Borjan (Red Star Belgrade), Marco Carducci (Cavalry FC) and Maxime Crépeau (Vancouver Whitecaps)

Defenders: Derek Cornelius (Vancouver Whitecaps, Doneil Henry (Vancouver Whitecaps), Adam Straith (VfL Sportfreunde Lotte), Steven (Moreirense FC), Samuel Adekugbe (Vålerenga Fotball), Juan Córdova (CD Huachipato), Richie Laryea (Toronto FC) and Kamal Miller (Orlando City SC)

Midfielders: Liam Fraser (Toronto FC), Will Johnson (Orlando City SC), Mark-Anthony Kaye (Los Angeles FC), Jonathan Osorio (Toronto FC), Samuel Piette (Montreal Impact), Russell Teibert (Vancouver Whitecaps) and David Wotherspoon (St. Johnstone FC)

Forwards: Tesho Akindele (Orlando City SC), Lucas Cavallini (Puebla FC), Jonathan David (KAA Gent), Alphonso Davies (FC Bayern München) David Junior Hoilett (Cardiff City FC) and Cyle Larin (SV Zulte Waregem) morning 

So, lots of discussion fodder.  

Goal: Carducci in for a big CPL call.

Def:  Adekugbe in along with Cordova and Laryea while ZBG and Godinho don’t get called. Vittoria back in the side and Miller in there as well.   No James  

Mid:  No Tabla, which seems right based on form.  Hutch out injured.  Wotherspoon, Fraser and Johnson in.  

Forwards: Tesho back.  No call up for Telfer.  

Would like to see Cordova get capped.   Definitely a squad that can get the job done with some wiggle room, but nothing too radical.  I assume Carducci’s call up is more a nod to CPL as he will not make the 18. The absences in defence are pretty interesting.  And Miller isn’t capped yet - correct?  If so, would be nice if he could see the field.  

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

So, lots of discussion fodder.  

Goal: Carducci in for a big CPL call.

Def:  Adekugbe in along with Cordova and Laryea while ZBG and Godinho don’t get called. Vittoria back in the side and Miller in there as well.   No James  

Mid:  No Tabla, which seems right based on form.  Hutch out injured.  Wotherspoon, Fraser and Johnson in.  

Forwards: Tesho back.  No call up for Telfer.  

Would like to see Cordova get capped.   Definitely a squad that can get the job done with some wiggle room, but nothing too radical.  I assume Carducci’s call up is more a nod to CPL as he will not make the 18. The absences in defence are pretty interesting.  And Miller isn’t capped yet - correct?  If so, would be nice if he could see the field.  

Miller is capped. 1 cap.

Cordova has 2 caps already.

I think both will add to their totals this time around.

I think we may see this for the home game:

David----Cavallini---Hoilett

Osorio-------Piette-----Kaye

Davies--Cornelius--Henry--Layrea

-------------Borjan---------

- Layera makes his debut in front of his hometown on his club's pitch. Cordova to get his chance in Cuba.

- Davies, despite listed as a forward, will start at LB, with Oso creating the space for him to run into. Remember, Herdman mentioned that he likes Davies picking up steam from deep against teams who will park the bus. Cuba has a new TD and they may be committed to keeping things tight away from home. If we get a lead and the game opens up I think Davies moves to forward and Hoilett (porbably) is withdrawn.

- Miller or Adekugbe to come in at LB once Davies pushes up. My bet is on Miller.

- Crepeau maybe I think gets the nod in Cuba as well, might even see Borjan fly home early and Carducci dress as the back up.

I like the Straith call especially that he's only 28.

I even don't mind the Vitoria call given his recent form. 

I wish James was called, but can't win them all. 

Most of the big guns there minus Arfield (wish he was). 

Few other guys I wish was there but a few extra North American based guys instead so all good. 

Want the 6 points with a +8 goal differencial, I'm pumped.