Possible Roster for Cuba

Obinna

3 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

I'd like to see Crepeau start. He's really impressed all year in MLS. 

Why fly Borjan all this way then? I think you only avoid calling Borjan if Red Star wins Tuesdays game because that will determine if he plays Champions League games this fall. 

18 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

At the latest, probably Tuesday 

Well the CSA often announce rosters on the Wed/Thurs/Fri the week before. Unless you have some inside info, I find Tuesday optimistic.

Who plays defensive midfielder &/or holding midfielder if Piette and Hutchinson are both dealing with injury?

27 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Why fly Borjan all this way then? I think you only avoid calling Borjan if Red Star wins Tuesdays game because that will determine if he plays Champions League games this fall. 

Well the CSA often announce rosters on the Wed/Thurs/Fri the week before. Unless you have some inside info, I find Tuesday optimistic.

Who plays defensive midfielder &/or holding midfielder if Piette and Hutchinson are both dealing with injury?

MAK at defensive mid? 

10 hours ago, soccer.shocker said:

I think we’ll see Johnson back and possibly Wotherspoon too if we are short on defensive mids with Hutch and Piette injured. The most likely youngster to get called would be Fraser or Shome IMO

I hope not. 

We have Teibert and MAK... Considering we're only playing 1 game, MAK should start in that role and we don't need more than two CDMs. 

57 minutes ago, Shway said:

I hope not. 

We have Teibert and MAK... Considering we're only playing 1 game, MAK should start in that role and we don't need more than two CDMs. 

Umm no. It’s a 2 game window this time around. Some rotation is probable playing Sept 7 and Sept 10 with a travel day in there. 

18 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

I'd like to see Crepeau start. He's really impressed all year in MLS. 

I agree Crepeau has impressed and for me is our clear #2, but if Borjan comes and flies across the pond, he's playing 100%, everytime. 

As good as Crepeau, Henry and Cornelius have looked this year, at the end of day, as of right now, our 2 starting CBs and our #2 goalie play on the last play team in the West in MLS. They are lucky there is no relegation.

I'm starting a Champions League goalie 100%, everytime. I'd feel much more confident with Borjan in net vs Cuba in Cayman Islands.

Edited by apbsmith

6 hours ago, apbsmith said:

I agree Crepeau has impressed and for me is our clear #2, but if Borjan comes and flies across the pond, he's playing 100%, everytime. 

As good as Crepeau, Henry and Cornelius have looked this year, at the end of day, as of right now, our 2 starting CBs and our #2 goalie play on the last play team in the West in MLS. They are lucky there is no relegation.

I'm starting a Champions League goalie 100%, everytime. I'd feel much more confident with Borjan in net vs Cuba in Cayman Islands.

If Borjan's coming, he's starting because he's still the number #1.  It's a good luxury to have an in form guy like Crepeau waiting in the wings.

I highlighted that part because in this thread I see that Teibert is being viewed as a possible starter in this Cuba series.  That means three starters from the worst team in MLS.

Tiebert is a prime candidate to leave at home and bring in someone new.  If we cant switch someone else into DM (Kaye) call Fraser, but plenty of other guys deserve a look (Shome/Borges/Telfer) or maybe they have a hard on for Okello again.  I'm sure our fearless leader will be able to play everyone out of position and make it work...sort of.   

Start Crepeau. I dont mind leaving Borjan out, he will benefit from not travelling and I have 110% confidence in Crepeau. Maxime is having the season of his life and that's following the season of his life last year. This is a much lower risk game than the states. 

Yes Borjan is better and certainly more experienced but I'd rather Herdman got a closer look at our other keepers and they get a chance. 

Going to be hard to include James again if he isnt playing but we also dont have great depth. Miller has really earned the call imo to join Henry and Cornelius. 

I could see European based players like Arfield being left out but he does seem to pop up and take the call all the time when you would think he would stay in Scotland. 

Possible question Mark's over players like Ballou and Hoilett who havent been playing too. 

I'd like to see a CPL call but think its unlikely unless they take the above goalkeeper route. 

to be honest there are a few player son good form who could be brought to the setup, Bair, Cordova , Akindele  and Fraser come to mind.

Then there are the dual national talent tat would be ideal to have in the pool; Milli, Gutierrez, Bassong and Amuz would all be great to have on board

Finally, there are a few CPL players who are playing great in positions the MT needs depth in: Abzi, Samuel, Langwa and Zator stand out but at this point I'm really reaching

17 hours ago, toontownman said:

Start Crepeau. I dont mind leaving Borjan out, he will benefit from not travelling and I have 110% confidence in Crepeau. Maxime is having the season of his life and that's following the season of his life last year. This is a much lower risk game than the states.

Agree 110%.

Without camps or friendlies, the 2 games vs Cuba are going to be the only prep we get for the USA games....not sure there will be more than 4-6 changes re Atiba, Piette (injured) and Morgan, Okello, Godinho  & possibly Leutwiler (rotation).  Pick ups Cordova, Adekugbe, James, Akindele,  Laryea and possibly a new keeper.

32 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Without camps or friendlies, the 2 games vs Cuba are going to be the only prep we get for the USA games....not sure there will be more than 4-6 changes re Atiba, Piette (injured) and Morgan, Okello, Godinho  & possibly Leutwiler (rotation).  Pick ups Cordova, Adekugbe, James, Akindele,  Laryea and possibly a new keeper.

The fact they haven't even tried to arrange friendlies for October and November is a joke. It's like the CSA haven't even tried to fix the mistakes made at the GC where the team got shell shocked by Mexico and Haiti because they never play games.

37 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Piette trained with the team today. We'll see if he's called...

5 hours ago, Obinna said:

Piette trained with the team today. We'll see if he's called...

He shouldn't be called. But I guess he has 2 games to show his fitness (if the squad hasn't been submitted already) 

Looking at his recent stats, he's only played 5 games since the gold cup. 

Edited by Shway
Fixed