Sign in to follow this  
Gian-Luca

Canadians in MLS 2019 Season

No Edwards or Hamilton in Chicago vs. Columbus. Edwards hasn't seen the field since being at fault for a goal in Chicago's upset loss to St. Louis in USL play, but they have largely stunk without him since he's been nailed to the press box. Hamilton hasn't been dressed for either Crew game since he's been traded and to make matters worse, both strikers ahead of him (Zardes &  Williams) scored in the 2-2 draw against the Fire.

Also getting nailed the press box in recent weeks is Tajon Buchanon as Bruce Arena hasn't used him once I believe since he became coach. Perhaps this is a formation  issue as Arena has changed the team's formation and they haven't gone with out and out wingers, because Buchanon was drawing some rave reviews for his performances a rookie in the first half of the season. Or maybe Bruce Arena just doesn't like him. Vancouver started four Canucks (including Theo Bair's 2nd start in a row) in a losing cause, 4-0. I am currently watching the repeat broadcast since I was at BMO field tonight, and I see that the shots are 17-0 for NE at half time with Crepeau being hung out to dry.

Bair was unlucky to not get his first MLS goal as he rang one off the inside of the post. Then got another chance a few minutes later but the centering pass was sent in just behind him rather than just in front

On 7/17/2019 at 9:05 PM, Gian-Luca said:

Edwards hasn't seen the field since being at fault for a goal in Chicago's upset loss to St. Louis in USL play, but they have largely stunk without him since he's been nailed to the press box.

Based on what the Caps need offensively, they should be trying to get this guy.  The Caps are in free fall and this would be a low risk but potential higher return acquisition.  I can't see a high price tag for him, either.

What do they have to lose?  Do we need to keep watching Bangoura or Venuto underwhelm?

On 7/25/2019 at 8:58 PM, BearcatSA said:

Based on what the Caps need offensively, they should be trying to get this guy.  The Caps are in free fall and this would be a low risk but potential higher return acquisition.  I can't see a high price tag for him, either.

What do they have to lose?  Do we need to keep watching Bangoura or Venuto underwhelm?

In the case of Venuto, the answer appears to be "apparently not"