Jordyn Huitema

Jith12

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Based on Neilsen's influencer measurement tool over the past year, Huitema is the only Canadian in the top 10 at #4. 

The methodology includes social following, content engagement, fan base growth, quality, reachability and equivalent media value of branded content published by each player. 

#1 ranked Alisha Lehmann (Switzerland/Aston Villa) has a bigger presence off the pitch than on it. Her followers jumped 75% over the last year. She has posted on behalf of fashion brand Boohoo, perfume company Gisada, British jeweller MJ Jones, EA Sports and Coke. She went past Federer as the most popular Swiss sportsperson on Twitter.

Lehmann: "Some people just see Instagram and social media and don't even know I actually play football ... When I don't post a football picture for a week, people say, 'Oh she doesn't even play.'"

NeilsenPlayerInfluencer.jpg

Edited by red card

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I know for a long time we were frustrated with Jordyn’s lack of success against top opposition. But after the rather fluky goal against France, she has now scored against Brazil and the United States too. The Gold Cup semi-final was a really nice one.

5 minutes ago, Colonel Green said:

I know for a long time we were frustrated with Jordyn’s lack of success against top opposition. But after the rather fluky goal against France, she has now scored against Brazil and the United States too. The Gold Cup semi-final was a really nice one.

Yes, an absolute beauty.