Jordyn Huitema

Jith12

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

She started on the bench  for their Champions League match at Braga today, and came on for Katoto m. 62 with the score 0-5, Katoto with the hat trick by then. Ashley Lawrence  played the whole game.

And Jordyn scores in extra time as I write, their 6th and her first Champions League goal!

EDIT: oh crap that was fast: a double in one minute from Jordyn!

Last week their league match subs played a friendly in Roma, Jordyn with a brace as Roma came back to tie 2-2.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

• 1 year later...

Huitema article in BBC. The lines I liked were:

She joined a boys' team aged 10, because playing for a local girls' team "wasn't competitive enough".

"It was unheard of at the time. I remember everyone giving me weird looks when I showed up at training. I'd turn up to matches and I'd hear people say, 'Why's there a girl in a jersey?'

The Canadian realised just how much potential she had a few years later. Aged 12, she travelled with her squad to a tournament in Seattle. In one game, she scored a consolation goal in a 7-1 defeat against a team called Surrey United - making such an impression, several opposition coaches approached her dad.

Huitema's big break came while she was on international duty at the Algarve Cup in Portugal.

A representative from PSG was in the stands and it took just 20 minutes to convince them she was the real deal.

"I still think to this day I'm playing catch-up, these women are some of the best players in the world. When I came in I was pretty atrocious, my touches were going everywhere. I'm sure everyone was so frustrated with me because I just couldn't hold my own," she says.

"I met Neymar for the first time like a couple of weeks ago and I didn't even know how to react. I tried to play it off cool but I definitely didn't. I feel like I'm turning red right now even just talking about it," she says.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54639496?xtor=AL-72-[partner]-[gnl.newsletters]-[headline]-[sport]-[bizdev]-[isapi]&xtor=ES-213-[BBC News Newsletter]-2020October27-[top+sport+stories]

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Started and scored today for PSG in their qualifying match 2-0 win in Women's Champions League, first leg, away vs. Polish side Gornik Leczna. They play the 2nd leg next Wednesday at home.

Ashley Lawrence stayed on the bench, as did many usual starters.

Cristiane Endler posted another clean sheet for the PSG.  Endler keeps raking up awards and nominations.

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, sloth8 said:

At some point, young Jordyn might start getting annoyed by the media's inability to speak/write about her without somehow mentioning her boyfriend. 🙄

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Kent said:

Honestly I don't think anybody does. Sinclair needs to be replaced by committee, not one dominant player.

This sounds funny. I read it as "Sinclair needs top be replaced by committee" as in she's not being replaced if it's up to her.