Need an award name ASAP - as in now

Admin

Looking for an award for retiring players and some kind of criteria as well (it's our award our criteria can be people we just fckin like)

This will be presented to Radz (at possibly an event on the 14th, or at the stadium on the 16th)

Obviously Radz is not recently retiring.  In the future these will be presented to retiring players and we will do it retroactively by popular demand (Bunbury, Hooper(s) ect...)

Let's come up with something unique, Voyageur like and not   "Lifetime achievment award"  or some similiar slogan that normally adorns a hunk of desktop corporate lucite. 

The award will be a full sized laser engraved paddle. 

GO.

Not trying to crap on other suggestions, but I am not a fan of the finality of some of these.  It feels like we are handing it to them as we push them out into the ice flow.

For example, I would rather a simply named "Portage Award" than "Last Portage".  To portage simply means you are going from one place to another.  Your "last portage" is presumably the last journey you ever take.  I am just not sure it is the right kind of connotation - especially when we are moving into an era where players can (hopefully) increasingly stay very much involved in Canadian footy through things like CPL.

Maybe I am overthinking it. 

Alpha Castor Award - First Beaver.

Image result for angry beaver canada

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not trying to crap on other suggestions, but I am not a fan of the finality of some of these.  It feels like we are handing it to them as we push them out into the ice flow.

For example, I would rather a simply named "Portage Award" than "Last Portage".  To portage simply means you are going from one place to another.  Your "last portage" is presumably the last journey you ever take.  I am just not sure it is the right kind of connotation - especially when we are moving into an era where players can (hopefully) increasingly stay very much involved in Canadian footy through things like CPL.

Maybe I am overthinking it. 

Alpha Castor Award - First Beaver.

Image result for angry beaver canada

I agree. It isn't a funeral.

Might just stick with Bon Voyage right now.  We can change it later. Just under a very short deadline for getting this done.

What the hell is that graphic, it is awesome.

Hi longtime member but just don't post that often.

The Ceinture Flechee/Arrowed Belt award

How about some sort of Voyageurs Sash  (ceinture flechee/arrowed belt/sash in English) as a way to recognize/honour players just like the ceintures flechees worn originally by Voyageurs and Coureurs des Bois in New France. Ties in past history to present Voyageurs and would be kind of classy and unique to Canada and our culture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceinture_fl%C3%A9ch%C3%A9e
https://www.pinterest.ca/rutemple/braid-ceinture-fl%C3%A9ch%C3%A9e-m%C3%A9tis-finger-woving-voyageu/

2 minutes ago, romurra said:

Hi longtime member but just don't post that often.

The Ceinture Flechee/Arrowed Belt award

How about some sort of Voyageurs Sash  (ceinture flechee/arrowed belt/sash in English) as a way to recognize/honour players just like the ceintures flechees worn originally by Voyageurs and Coureurs des Bois in New France. Ties in past history to present Voyageurs and would be kind of classy and unique to Canada and our culture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceinture_fléchée
https://www.pinterest.ca/rutemple/braid-ceinture-fléchée-métis-finger-woving-voyageu/

Tried to talk to these guys about getting V's toques and sashes from them. 

They sort of disappeared. 

I'll try again.

http://etchiboy.tictail.com/products

I would love to have a red coat award / manteau rouge

Like the green jacket or hall of fame jacket with that beaver crest!

Honorary red coat. This will be even better 2 years from now , in the midst of the hex, presenting it before we play the US.

37 minutes ago, Califax said:

I would love to have a red coat award / manteau rouge

Like the green jacket or hall of fame jacket with that beaver crest!

Honorary red coat. This will be even better 2 years from now , in the midst of the hex, presenting it before we play the US.

Blazers are gonnna be for us.  :)

14 minutes ago, Keegan said:

The Gerry Dobson award 

Its always nice to have someone recognized while they are still alive!

I wonder what his thoughts are on our resurgence.. he’s been quiet in retirement! 

He was going to make a comment, but he kept getting the names wrong...

Sorry, couldn't help myself.  Love ya Gerry.

Archived