Need an award name ASAP - as in now

Admin

2 hours ago, spinrack said:

The Domenic Mobilio Memorial Award for Lifetime Achievement

So far i'd go with this. Or for a more obscure name we could go with Harry Manson Award for Excellence. Maybe even try to get the media aware and cover it as an attempt for the V's to bring awareness to a great Aboriginal soccer player. In the process give Robert a little shout it and make his day.

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I don't know where it came from but saw it a couple years back and was amazed. 

Trying to track down the artist, but she seems to have just disappeared off of the Internet about 4 years ago.

3 hours ago, spinrack said:

The Domenic Mobilio Memorial Award for Lifetime Achievement

Realistically, though, this would be more appropriate for a CSA-sanctioned award.

Also, it would probably be impossible for us to clear it with Mobilio's family in the time frame that we have.

Sorry I missed this.  And not to deflect, but since there is no harm in it at this point I'd like to admit I've often played with the idea of sponsoring a Brian Budd "Budgie" Award for Canadian born players who go on to represent some alternative.

Would happily fund the shipping of a care package to the awardee containing (amongst other things) a can of past due Klik, acid washed blue jeans from the thrift store, and of course the trophy case piece, an empty Molson Canadian stubbie with "You are not a twat. You are THE TWAT 2018.  Sincerley, Brian Budd's ghost." engraved upon it.  Okay, maybe not engraved so much, more black marker but you get the idea. 

Yeah I know, not quite the same sort of thing we're talking about here but there it is.

1 hour ago, nolando said:

A second for him then? Strange - how many did the likes of deVos or Stalteri get?

Yeah, that’s why I mentioned it. Don’t think we should give a second time. Been there done that...start with the next guy on the list.

1 hour ago, nolando said:

A second for him then? Strange - how many did the likes of deVos or Stalteri get?

Imagine how jealous DeVos and Stalteri will be:

"Hey Paul, did you hear Radz got a 2nd Voyageur Award?"

"He has double the Voyageurs awards with only half my caps! My career was a waste!"

:)

2 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

If this is going to be the Voyageurs' equivalent to the Soccer Hall of Fame, then it can be done as something like "Tomasz Radzinski has been made an officer of the Order of the Coureur des Bois by the Voyageurs, Canada's soccer supporters." 

Yes, there could be a an award name, and a title.

We should make it even longer and more pompous to rival a GOT high born title.

I see how "Last Portage" could be "down". I was looking at it as the last time they had to haul a ton of shit. Retirement should be a relief, I always found portages to be the total opposite of relief and would think the last one as a time to celebrate.

But anyway, "Bon Voyage" works fine.

Archived