Which defector are you least pissed at?

matty

With all the recent fence sitter talk and defector hate, I'm curious to see who people have the fewest issues with.

Reminder this is just for fun so no reason to get pissy.

I pick Mannus cause the CSA fucked that up

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Floortom said:

have no problem with Burnbury, Mannus, Schip...

a bit of an issue with JDG

Big issue with Begovic

Massive issue with Owen

As far as I'm concerned Mannus is chill (guy still loves Canada, just was never reached out to by the CSA), same really with Burnbury but can see why someone might have an issue.

Don't know the full story with Schip.

With JDG I get the hate but I feel it's overblown.

OH seems to be trying to mend fences but the damage is done

Begovic is a dick

3 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Van't Schip. Born in Canada to Dutch parents and returned to the Netherlands as a kid.

That's it? There's no drama? I remember someone got pissy about him once and thought he did something.

Just now, Blackjack15 said:

@matty Do you really have to do this? Dude, the past is the past! Relax amigo

What do you get out of talking about this? Nothing! 

Way to not listen to the original post :P

Same with Mannus, didn't the family move to N. Ireland when he was young?

Hargreaves is the worst. De Guzman and his Dad suck ass too for harbouring a grudge and turning his back on his country so quickly (3 years).

Bunbury kinda blows but his Mom is American and he lived there most of his life.

Begovic i'm least pissed. He moved to Germany first and then arrived in Edmonton at age 11 before leaving for England at 16. The urban myth is that Bosnian mafia visited his parents to coerce him to play. 

Just now, jpg75 said:

Same with Mannus, didn't the family move to N. Ireland when he was young?

Yea plus when I interviewed him a few years ago he told me I was the first person who had ever talked to him about repping Canada in soccer. His brothers live here still and he visits often. He also follows the Leafs.

2 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Begovic i'm least pissed. He moved to Germany first and then arrived in Edmonton at age 11 before leaving for England at 16. The urban myth is that Bosnian mafia visited his parents to coerce him to play. 

I have never heard that before.

2 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Question -  technically can Mannus still come back to play for Canada? Because he's only played friendlies , same with  Fernandes ? 

I think he can but I doubt it would happen but who knows

39 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Question -  technically can Mannus still come back to play for Canada? Because he's only played friendlies , same with  Fernandes ? 

Dani is capped for Portugal, at least that is what they tell me.

And then, because Im a dolt and consistently forget cap rules, I get convinced that he isn't. Does two bits of two friendlies count? 

If he weren't, after going to a WC with a national team, it would be funny. And a bit sad, since he is not playing at that high a level anymore, he is not as attractive as he used to be for us.

21 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

And then, because Im a dolt and consistently forget cap rules, I get convinced that he isn't. Does two bits of two friendlies count? 

If he weren't, after going to a WC with a national team, it would be funny. And a bit sad, since he is not playing at that high a level anymore, he is not as attractive as he used to be for us.

Forgot that guy existed didn't he file a switch from Canada to Portugal?

25 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Fernandes is NOT cap-tied to Portugal. He never played in an official match at youth level for Canada so a one-time switch was not necessary to join Portugal. Then, he only played for Portugal in U23 matches and two friendlies at senior level, allowing him to a file one-time switch to play for Canada if he were to choose to.

28 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

I don't think so, he has never played for Canada before. But I could be wrong.

He only played u/20 tournaments for us. He never played an official u-20 match. C'est tout. 

Right now, he is signed to Lillestrom but I don't see him playing this season. I also see he tested positive for a drug to treat ADHD in early May, Dextroamphetamine, which the club did not know he was taking. He claims he did not know it was on the Norwegian list. I do not know the outcome of this situation.

In any case, at 33, and in Norway, he is no longer a keeper that could clearly compete with our other options, has not been for a few years now, since the previous club was RayoOKC in NASL. From 2003 to 2011, when he was at Paok and Bochum, he could have helped us.

3 hours ago, jpg75 said:

The urban myth is that Bosnian mafia visited his parents to coerce him to play. 

I have also heard this from a very credible source. It seems like the type of thing that should be ridiculous but anything is possible I guess. 

Just now, kungfucious said:

hay... just so u guys know: im THAT guy who chose OH.  

(screw u guys, i like him despite all the slime thats coming my way. i blame the CSA more than anything in his case)

this guy is my new hero

Archived