Which defector are you least pissed at?

matty

On 2/8/2018 at 8:49 AM, dbailey62 said:

The ill will was compounded when she accused Canadian supporters of racism when the USA played here. There was never any indication of such. 

Great days.  Nonchalantly spouts off on Twitter about it, USSoc waits a day to come out and say they won't be doing an investigation.  Not long after she says, "oh it was online".

She's a pathetic person - even USSoc fans are starting to dislike her.  If their comments on /r/MLS are representative. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jpg75 said:

Probably a corporate-wide campaign. Nike Canada piggybacking off of HQ.

Precisely.  I walk past there often and the storefront displays rotate but it's always just a general American ad campaign that's been applied here without thought.  Megan Rapinoe was on it a while ago.

I've also seen Under Armour ads in the PATH walkway for Kelley O'hara with the caption "US Women's Soccer Player".  Clearly no thought has gone into it.

1 hour ago, zeelaw1555362314 said:

Great days.  Nonchalantly spouts off on Twitter about it, USSoc waits a day to come out and say they won't be doing an investigation.  Not long after she says, "oh it was online".

She's a pathetic person - even USSoc fans are starting to dislike her.  If their comments on /r/MLS are representative. 

Ya, there was and is a flippant pomposity to her. 

9 minutes ago, matty said:

Weird thought: no one seems to dislike bret hull

I think many disliked Brett Hull especially after he appeared with Gretzky at a pre-tournament press conference making it seem like he was going to play for Canada only to say no such thing leaving everybody wondering why he was here. 

Also, the hockey rules allow players to change countries all to easy. Tony Esposito played for both Canada and the USA at different times. Peter Stastny played for both Canada and Czechoslovakia at different times. As it isn't a one time decision, people take it all a bit less serious but with Hull, I was pissed and I know I wasn't alone. 

13 hours ago, matty said:

Weird thought: no one seems to dislike bret hull

10 hours ago, nolando said:

HATE(D) Brett Hull. 

The main reason I became a Hawks fan in the 60's(and still am) is because of The Golden Jet, Bobby Hull. So yea he's not one of my all time favorites.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

I can confirm the Sydney Leroux Nike storefront  is gone at the Eaton Centre.  Only possible explanation is that news of a deranged individual shaking their fist at the storefront was heard at Nike HQ leading CEO Phil Knight to issue an executive order to immediately cease this grave offence towards the Canadian people. 

I thought it was because she wasn't anymore allocated by US Soccer. Why would Nike pick a player that's not even good enough according to US Soccer to be their poster girl? (Yes I know you were sarcastic)

Archived