Possible commissioner for the CPL?

8 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

True, but I'm thinking of a bit of a larger business background. Doesn't even have to be soccer

I agree someone with more experienced in business would be a better fit. Mitchell makes thr most sense but i don't see him doing both the cpl and running the ticats.

5 hours ago, Complete Homer said:

Nothing against Bunbury, but wouldn't a business type be a better fit? 

I also have a petty/immature resistance to the idea based on the whole Teal thing.  But, yeah, I would think a really strong business development background would be magnitudes more important than some degree of Canadian soccer street cred.  As much as I dislike Betman, the NHL owners at least think he is qualified enough to to keep him in place, and he certainly strikes me as more of a businessman than a former hockey phenom.

After reading this:

https://www.thestar.com/sports/tfc/...e_leaves_as_mlse_rings_in_another_change.html

Paul Beirne knows how to start a successful team. Look at what he did for Toronto FC which was the successful model on expansion teams. TFC was crap on the field but out of the field, it was done right. (marketing, right market and not suburban moms, no gimmicks, free-fest etc...)

You need a guy like him to shepherd the start of the league and teams, I think as he can help them and tell them what to do and what not to do etc...

Once the league's expansion is over and it thrives, then you get a commissioner that's more business minded to take the whole thing to the next level.

Just an opinion

Archived