Gold Cup Travel Plans - Who is interested

Admin

13 hours ago, Sport Shaman said:

The Highway Star has been acquired and hired for the Houston to Frisco pilgrimage. The canoe for these Voyageurs will be a 2015 Camaro SS (Sport Shaman) Edition that appears to be finished in the Allez Les Rouges paint code.

https://turo.com/rentals/cars/tx/houston/chevrolet-camaro/167833?s=H-3Ydyws

I stand corrected. The Camaro SS is not available so we will have to settle for the 2014 Camaro RS (Rouge Supporters) Edition with the Allez Les Rouges paint code.

https://turo.com/rentals/cars/tx/houston/chevrolet-camaro/64054

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:35 PM, Sport Shaman said:

How come nobody wants to go to Frisco; there will be thousands and thousands of Hondurans there!!!  Come and tell them in person how you feel; it should be a great time!!

The plan is to be in Frisco....any idea what section the V's will be in?? I'd love to come support my wife's country and sit with some Canadian fans....I know there probably won't be a ton in Frisco....

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 0:23 AM, harrycoyster said:

I've been to Texas twice in my life. The first time to San Antonio in March. Lovely city, great food, great people.

The second time was Fort Worth in July. It was over 40 degrees with 80% humidity, the steering wheel in my car partially melted, and I was damn near eaten alive by mosquitoes. 

I think I'll hold off on anymore summer trips to Texas.

I promise Ft Worth isn't terrible..come visit us in the late fall or in March....LOL!

56 minutes ago, mrstepp817 said:

The plan is to be in Frisco....any idea what section the V's will be in?? I'd love to come support my wife's country and sit with some Canadian fans....I know there probably won't be a ton in Frisco....

I always wondered if it was mrs tepp817 or mr stepp817. I guess now I know.:D

7 hours ago, mrstepp817 said:

From what I can decipher, the Vs might be a total of two visiting and the local expats who may be aware of us but likely not. We were thinking that getting better seats with a proper view might be the way to go here. A supporters section behind the goal is great fun when you have the numbers to make it respectable but for less than 10 people it just doesn't have much punch. Besides this is the Honduras match in Texas where I expect to be outnumbered by about 500 to 1 or more and you know who will be behind the goals.

There were about 15 of us Canucks behind the goal in Los Angeles in 2015 for the match against El Salvador which went to a 0-0 draw and we took our share of abuse in the form of beer soaked Gold Cup promo scarves and beverage containers tossed our way. Now picture a Canada win in Frisco with four dots of red behind the goal.

So I am going to look at some seats that might be close enough to our player's bench that we can share our passionate support with the team much like the seats Steven and I have for the FC Edmonton season. I will update tomorrow with suggestions.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:55 PM, mrstepp817 said:

For anyone coming to Texas you should be able to find reasonable hotels within a short distance from the stadium...Frisco's also home to one of my favorite BBQ joints.... Hutchins BBQ...ya'll gotta try it out if you come...

If you live near the GTA might be more reasonable to fly Southwest Airlines out of Buffalo to Love Field in Dallas...which is about 25 miles south of Frisco

Steven and I will get into the area on the 13th and will need hotel rooms for the 13th and 14th before we "Dash" back to Houston on the 15th. Our main criteria is proximity to the stadium and any recommendations are appreciated. The BBQ at Hutchins sounds impossible to pass up. We could head there on the 13th unless you want to do a pre game there on the 14th. All local knowledge is greatly appreciated.

17 hours ago, Sport Shaman said:

From what I can decipher, the Vs might be a total of two visiting and the local expats who may be aware of us but likely not. We were thinking that getting better seats with a proper view might be the way to go here. A supporters section behind the goal is great fun when you have the numbers to make it respectable but for less than 10 people it just doesn't have much punch. Besides this is the Honduras match in Texas where I expect to be outnumbered by about 500 to 1 or more and you know who will be behind the goals.

There were about 15 of us Canucks behind the goal in Los Angeles in 2015 for the match against El Salvador which went to a 0-0 draw and we took our share of abuse in the form of beer soaked Gold Cup promo scarves and beverage containers tossed our way. Now picture a Canada win in Frisco with four dots of red behind the goal.

So I am going to look at some seats that might be close enough to our player's bench that we can share our passionate support with the team much like the seats Steven and I have for the FC Edmonton season. I will update tomorrow with suggestions.

We have acquired tickets near the player benches. Specifically Section 107,  Row 8, Seats 1 & 2

Who's officially making it down to NJ on Friday, trying to get an head count to set up a tailgate by the stadium (Either in front of the "Warehouse Parking" or next to the Panasonic Building - either way it'll be decked out Canadian, with the flag flying high). I'm looking to get things started around noon-1 PM 

If you're making it down, stop on by.

3 hours ago, elDirty said:

Who's officially making it down to NJ on Friday, trying to get an head count to set up a tailgate by the stadium (Either in front of the "Warehouse Parking" or next to the Panasonic Building - either way it'll be decked out Canadian, with the flag flying high). I'm looking to get things started around noon-1 PM 

If you're making it down, stop on by.

Mapleblood and I will arrive tomorrow and will catch up with you on Friday.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 0:15 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Section 119 is now sold out except for really expensive resale tickets. There are still a few seats in section 120.

Jamie has told me he is not able to go to this game so @goleafs67 or @Yohan or @ClashCitySoccer if you need a ticket with fellow Voyageurs I've got one ready for you! Just post!

When are you guys rolling into town? Steven and I just got checked in at the Hilton across from Penn Station in Newark.

1 minute ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

We were supposed to get into Scranton tonight. I've got the flu though - if I'm feeling up for it I'll make the drive tomorrow - we'd be in town right before the game.

See you at the stadium then. We will be tailgating with elDirty until it's time to break camp and head into the stadium.

3 hours ago, Sport Shaman said:

See you at the stadium then. We will be tailgating with elDirty until it's time to break camp and head into the stadium.

Car and drink cooler (Molson Canadian of course, water, Labatt Blue) are packed, will have hamburgers, hot dogs, and chicken legs. If there's anything you need/want, let me know and I can grab it tonight or on my way in in the morning. 

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

We didn't make the trip down. I got some kind of gastro - Hopped up on Gravol not even going to a viewing party. Hope you guys enjoy our projected 3-0 win!

Sorry to hear it, hope you're back on your feet soon. Unfortunately I can't make it tonight either guys. Was really try to make it work but didn't come together.

Enjoy the tailgate and have a few Molsons for me. Here's hoping that potential 3-0 forfeit win sends us on the way to Philly in a few weeks for a QF ;)

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:06 AM, elDirty said:

Camp is set up by the warehouse, steps from the gate. I've got a canopy, but hope we don't need it!

FB_IMG_1499445341912.jpg

I feel the need to pay homage to the most awesome hospitality that Mike (elDirty) provided us while we were in New Jersey. You can see from the photo how prepared he is and I mean this guy thinks of everything. The Molson Canadian and Labatt Blue were ice cold and those chicken drumsticks were grilled to perfection. Not only did this man single handedly provide the beers and food for all of us but he was feeding perfect strangers who dropped by to chat.

We got to meet some of his friends that are passionate Red Bulls supporters and adopted them as Canadian supporters. Even though Mike had to leave before the second game was over, some of his friends stayed to the bitter end and then partied with us back in Newark until we saw them to the train at about 1:40 AM. Not only are his friends awesome but he is a regular Swiss Army knife of a supporter who really brings his voice in the stadium. If you are with an outnumbered group of Voyageurs then this guy is somebody you want on your team. Thanks for being part of what made New Jersey an awesome time for us!  

7 hours ago, Sport Shaman said:

I feel the need to pay homage to the most awesome hospitality that Mike (elDirty) provided us while we were in New Jersey. You can see from the photo how prepared he is and I mean this guy thinks of everything. The Molson Canadian and Labatt Blue were ice cold and those chicken drumsticks were grilled to perfection. Not only did this man single handedly provide the beers and food for all of us but he was feeding perfect strangers who dropped by to chat.

We got to meet some of his friends that are passionate Red Bulls supporters and adopted them as Canadian supporters. Even though Mike had to leave before the second game was over, some of his friends stayed to the bitter end and then partied with us back in Newark until we saw them to the train at about 1:40 AM. Not only are his friends awesome but he is a regular Swiss Army knife of a supporter who really brings his voice in the stadium. If you are with an outnumbered group of Voyageurs then this guy is somebody you want on your team. Thanks for being part of what made New Jersey an awesome time for us!  

These are the kinds of things that make the Voyageur experience such a joy. 

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:06 PM, mrstepp817 said:

I'd love to sit with the V's during the Honduras game July 14 in Frisco...is that possible?? If not I plan on being there to cheer for my wife's country.... Heck I'll even meet up with some folks who want pregame BBQ at Hutchins

Hutchins2.jpg

Well that was a big tease. What kind of restaurant is open only until 3 PM except for Friday and Saturday? No chance of getting there yesterday after arrival in town so we went for some awesome Mexican food instead. Maybe we will try again today but this restaurant is definitely playing hard to get (to) ;)

Archived